Ten Pilot Week 2018

I believe if it is picked up (and I hope it is) it would be a reasonably late night show anyway. Wouldn’t expect extremely high ratings.

I bet there will be complaints about Taboo . Oh wait already some are …

Capturettt Captureuuuuuuuuu

We seriously live in such a bullshit world now.

10 Likes

They should really replay each show the night after on Eleven.

1 Like

Most of this week’s pilots will be repeated this Saturday after Rove’s variety show.

5 Likes

They replay each show at 10.30 on Eleven same night.

2 Likes

Is be surprised if Ten hasn’t already commissioned more episodes of Taboo, great viewing.

4 Likes

I’m surprised so many people thought Drunk History was great. I didn’t find it that funny.

1 Like

let’s be honest they weren’t even thaaaat drunk, like get them a few more pints and their ties wrapped around their foreheads and then we’re talking!

1 Like

It’s actually quite a good show - not that Ten gave anyone any indication of what it was actually about, beyond that one line from Harley’s stand up bit in every damn pilot week promo.

1 Like

Comments on Twitter are overwhelmingly positive on Taboo. Some people were moved to tears. Many said they hoped Ten would commission a full series.

Exactly, until yesterday I had no idea what this show was about. But it is really great. It has a similar vibe to You Can’t Ask That, a great way to show differences in the community in a non judgmental way.

Does anyone know if the original Belgian show covers a different topic each week?

2 Likes

Here is the summary on Taboo on the production company website: https://www.panenka.tv/en/production/taboo

Yes it did.

Taboo :+1:

Judging by what is left of Pilot Week, I think this is as good as we are going to get. Great show.

“The line-up of ‘victims/guests’ on the first series included obese and poor people, dwarves, those with terminal and mental illness, gays, blind people and people of colour.”

Definitely not enough promotion, but there has been (albeit very late) a single promo for this show over the last couple of days which I’ve seen a couple of times on rotation.

1 Like

Given the overwhelming positive sentiment for this show on social media I think it has the greatest chance of getting picked up. The other two shows which I think will also be picked up are Drunk History and Saturday Night.

2 Likes

Too little too late. Typical Ten :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Take your overall point but to just quote that part of my comment is kind of taking it out of context, the show has been promoted other than one single promo… that particular one was a standalone promo rather than in the general pilot week ones which have been on high rotation and through other areas of advertising.

I think there will be a fair few picked up. I haven’t watched Taboo yet but the feedback is positive. I think Disgrace will get picked up. I also think Drunk History will be picked up. And I think Saturday Night will as well. Ten are desperate for a Saturday Night program.

2 Likes