Ten Pilot Week 2018

Both shows last night have potential although they all had that cheap and tacky feel about them. I know they are only pilots so it’s to be expected. I think both could work if made into seasons and some money injected into them.

Why not show a cast photo or composite photo instead?

1 Like

I think it was an oversight but also reflective of the fact that most recognisable talent in all the shows probably are men.

It wasn’t an image from Ten, it was the newspaper’s interpretation. Jane back peddled slightly in a later tweet when she said she only had a problem with the image rather than the shows.

5 Likes

Not to mention each joke being followed by a shot of the audience applauding, a shot of one panel member laughing, a slightly wider shot to show a couple of panel members laughing, before we return to Wil - usually while he’s still laughing.

5 Likes

I watched commercial television for the first time in a long time last night, and will continue to do so throughout ‘Pilot Week’.

Could not get into Skit Happens.

Being a political hack, I did enjoy Disgrace to an extent. In saying that, I think it is the wrong vehicle for prime-time. Offer Sam Dastiyari a position as part of the Ten News team in political commentary and perhaps give him a vehicle on a Sunday morning as a political talk show. I think that would be a good get for them.

3 Likes

I wonder what happened to this part of the broadcast? I was watching last night and didn’t see anything…

Network Ten’s TV Week Gold Logie Winner Grant Denyer and Studio 10 co-host Angela Bishop will be on hand to introduce the audience to each pilot as it premieres across the week.

1 Like

10’s Facebook cover photo was updated at 10am today…a day after day 1 of pilot week. Surely this should have been done weeks ago, it’s not like pilot week hasn’t been planned.
Who heads up advertising? Or do they not have one?

6 Likes

This would likely fall under Brad Garbutt, the head of marketing and social media and probably in response to last nights poor numbers for the first 2 pilots.

It’s a shame they didn’t use the white 2D logo which looks much better with the pastel colour pallete they’re using :wink:

2 Likes

Skit Happens kind of comedy has been done before and it’s stale comedy for today.

Unfortunately for Ten, August 26 is a Sunday. Guess there’s not enough money in the budget for a calendar.

6 Likes

So why can’t they do sketch comedy again?

You don’t see people saying a sit-com “has been done before and it’s stale comedy for today”.

It’s fine. May just need a bit of tweaking to determine what works and what doesn’t.

4 Likes

I agree. I think it could do alright given the right promotion and tweaking. I would take it on. It wasn’t terrible and is a show you can tweak to become successful.

I thought this might cause some controversy and it did.

I didn’t even pick up on that. granted I didn’t have my attention fully to the TV but thought it was just sketch on really polite people doing surgery lol a lot of the jokes went over my head like the taxi driver one?

1 Like

Knew it, thought something would come of it from some as soon as the ad break started. Skit Happens is a bit of hit and miss, some of it was funny, some… not so much.

Pilots are usually pretty rough which is understandable, though I read a comment which suggested perhaps Working Dog to assist with the production to hone in on the Comedy factor. Wonder if a majority of the Pilot Week shows will fill the gaps next year when some of the series get picked up. On to Drunk History! :beers:

I actually laughed at that joke. I didn’t really see the rest of the show but that was actually funny. Comedy at times is meant to offend people.

Comedy is meant to offend? I don’t know about that.

I try it all the time to people i dont know. but i seem to get more slaps than laughs.

Are they your only options? :thinking:

2 Likes