Ten On-Air Presentation

When you look at how the new logo launched. There is still so much untapped potential for it and it’s versatility than to drop back into the flat, breakdown, circle, outline neon stuff that the old ten did to bloody death.

10 Likes

It shows what you get when you spend $$
Still looks incredible.

5 Likes

Very noticeable when that was likely done by an agency right, when all these little updates and tweaks are done in house.

Also watching that video and damn, lots of those personalities are no longer with 10.

5 Likes

yet Bull lives on…

3 Likes

I did think that actually, even though the show has come to an end.

Ten will not let the show die. In 2033 we’ll still be seeing it 3 times a week :wink:

5 Likes

It’s the modern equivalent of the black and white, or Mash/Get Smart reruns of my youth.

It’s been cancelled State side

Looking at 10s schedule you wouldn’t even be able to tell

2 Likes

The circleless logo is appearing in the majority of promos now including a variety of animations.

6 Likes

do you think they will do the circle less logo as their watermark?

1 Like

This reminds me of when 9 ditched the box for their promos. IIRC, it was only for promos.

4 Likes

Oh dear god, they are going back to the 2006 squiggley lines?!

Bloody retire the graphics teams, we have moved on from the old 10 concepts.

1 Like

Definitely seems that way. It seems to “morph” from the circle, so definitely an accent to the brand.

Its grown on me a bit. It’s not terrible but as posted earlier the existing branding had so much more untouched potential.

2 Likes

feels like we’re going backwards…

1 Like

It’s made its way onto external advertising now too, I saw it on billboards for The Project promoting special guests this week.

inb4 “i believe” idents again:

6 Likes

I believe… that even though it’s a 15+ year old promo, it still looks incredibly modern and the mid to late 2000s Ten look is the best on air presentation of any network.

9 Likes

Yea this is literally what I was saying above. They need to get new blood in their graphics / viz team.

It’s falling back into the old

1 Like

Or it could be something entirely different. Squiggly lines were a big part of motion design in the 00’s whereas geometric tracing has been a bigger trend in the past several years. It’s a subtle difference, but they shouldn’t be lumped together to make a judgment on what 10 is doing.

2 Likes