Ten On-Air Presentation

Discuss Ten’s On-Air Presentation here.

Old Thread can be found here

1 Like

Has anyone else seen 2016 promos - comedy, big new drama and the big new shows

1 Like

Yep. Much like I’m a Celebrity, this is on high rotation on Ten and through their multichannels at the moment (Eleven has its own ‘In 2016’ promo also).

Is it just me or are all the networks’ 2016 promos simply saying
’Next year… Get ready for more of the same shows you watched this year and last year… Only bigger and better (which is what we said last year)’

2 Likes

With the exception of the ABC promo which offers plenty of new stuff.

2 Likes

Ten have done like 3x 40sec promos for new shows, comedy and US dramas

New promos but not much new stuff being promoted, which is the point being made here.

I really like Ten’s network promos for 2016.

Just saw the one today, for their main shows across the year (■■■■■■■■, The X Files, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, MasterChef, Offspring & Brock telemovie.

Any video available, YouTube?

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:9, topic:333”]
I really like Ten’s network promos for 2016. Just saw the one today, for Tajik main shows across the year [/quote]
Are they screening programs from Tajikistan now? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

*their

Haha!

I would love to see ten do a network promo like they used to do. Like the one a few years back when all ten personalities were in rehab. It was always quite fun and entertaining ten’s ads.

3 Likes

Haha I’ve never seen that before, but it’s rather good. I would love to see the network incorporate some sort of funny / cheeky promotion like the on our screens & in advertising now that they’re having successs with quite a few different formats.

Yes it was a brilliant ad. Ten have really lost it. Their celebrity ads are repetitive and boring. Thry have only aired massive promos for the x files and im a celeb and haven’t even begun airing promos for what could be their biggest show, American Crime Story. Their efforts have been poor unfortunately.

2 Likes

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest that American Crime Story will be their highest rating new show. My guess is that it’s might start okay(ish) and then flop after a while, like most recent US dramas have on Ten.

The X-Files will be a sure ratings success however, especially with it’s short 6-episode run. I wouldn’t be surprised seeing it top over a million each episode if it does deliver story-wise.

I think it will do really well in the US. I think it would have potential to do the same here if given some promotion.

Given how success in America does not guarantee success in Australia lately, that’s a bold prediction.

And especially with US cable shows airing in Australia. US network dramas still continue to typically perform significantly better here than ones from cable networks such as FX.

As well as a 2016 returning drama promo, TEN aired a comedy version tonight during BBL featuring HYBPA?, Gogglebox, Modern Family, The Grinder & Life in Pieces.

1 Like