Ten On-Air Presentation

Video of two examples - the 3 program from today plus the 10/10 Bold seen Sunday.

6 Likes

I thought this was a mock wtf

3 Likes

I actually don’t mind the design. Very clean!

I assume you’re supposed to know what the show is by the picture that’s shown. That’s why the title is so small.

2 Likes

Yes that’s not how marketing works.

People are judging this purely based on the stills and not the actual video.

There are two visual cues for the programs, the image and title. They also have an audio cue of the title.

The times of the program are not mentioned audibly so it makes sense that it would have a larger position over the the programs title.

The slides are consistent design wise and I am in the minority here, but I prefer these over the recent mock posted in the random mocks thread.

2 Likes

Yes, in video they are fine and because they’re so quick so you want a clean and simple to read screen.

4 Likes

Same. Small program titles in a corner are nothing new. I guess it’s not that common on TV but more on movie previews or launch promos?

3 Likes

Well tbh, if you watch the show, you’ll probably be able to identify it by the picture. If you don’t watch the show, neither the picture nor the title is going to help you anyway :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

If you watch the show, you won’t need these line-ups, since you should know when the show is on anyway.

Promos are primarily to drive tune in of people who don’t watch the show.

1 Like

Small show titles in the corner on movie trailers and Paramount + promos are basically like show bugs - similar to a network bug, they appear small and in the corner as a constant reminder as for the show/movie and normally appear over clips, with a big graphic / end tag at the end. The problem here is 10 is using small show names in the corner not as a big - but as the main title branding.

The most important thing on network end tag to me is show name, ten network name, then the day of the week. After that would be the time.

10 emphasis the time here with 4.30 or 6.30 in large text equal to the network logo.

It’s very odd

Not to mention 4.30 10 and 5.00 10 all reads pretty weird as numbers.

It’s an odd choice and I don’t think it’s effective or clear communication or use of geography on the screen.

2 Likes

Movie tie in

3 Likes

4 Likes

That package, if you can even call it that, has been poorly implemented if it’s supposed to be permanent. No consistency whatsoever

5 Likes

I notice Perth are getting their own promos. This one slipped through in Brisbane. :wink:

2 Likes

Last night 10 had a combined 10/Paramount+ “coming up” announcement

3 Likes

I noticed that during The Cheap Seats, wasn’t sure if it was new as hardly watch FTA now.

It just feels so, underdone? At the very least, they probably should’ve had Streaming Now under the P+ logo.

1 Like

They’ve had them for a few months now, has been discussed on here earlier.

4 Likes

With the P+ version? Must’ve missed it I think.

Feb:

Above post ^

2 Likes