Ten On-Air Presentation

Something more upbeat would’ve probably been more appropriate. Make the promo a bit more exciting, a build up to an “A-may-zing” month. Song choice is not only overused and dated, it’s dreary.

1 Like

I don’t remember Ford doing it, but I thought NRMA had an advertising campaign using it - i could be wrong though

I miss the days when Ten’s on air presentation was innovative and edgy. Even as an older dude it doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t consider that song to be a classic and it is more memorable for having been used in ads to sell Fords.

6 Likes

At least it wasn’t George Michael’s song Amazing.

The lyrics “I was going down for the third time” could refer to their financial woes

3 Likes

MC styled line up

2 Likes

The A-May-Zing promo skews really old. Is this an intentional shift?

How is it “really old”?

Well I’m talking an audience of 35+ - it certainly isn’t a 18-39 channel anymore judging by that promo, which I know it hasn’t been for a while, but it is still a marked shift. A promo featuring a song from 17 years ago, a crime show starring Alan Cumming, a medical emergency doco on Saturdays, a 90’s sitcom and a cooking show screams an older audience to me.

I’d say that the song on 7Melbournes Ident skews well beyond the “old” of this song.
Majorly of the pop songs Nine use in their promos have a large teen audience, but the hsnnel doesn’t skew young and that’s not their target demo.
I think it’s quite a generalization to say that Ten is shifting its demo because a song. Your opinion is old.
I was listening to that song in my teens?

I think the song is a play on words, nothing more.

I think my thoughts are a combination of all of the points that I made, not just the song. It’s not a criticism of the promo, just an observation based on their promos and content of the past.

Exactly right.

They’re busy looking for a song out there which has “June” in the middle of the title or chorus which make a terrible pun next month.

Ju know what I mean? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes next month it will be

2 Likes

Animated MasterChef PRGs are back

4 Likes

MasterChef sponsor board with gold 10.

3 Likes

Deadpool 2 tie in

4 Likes

I <3 that 10 logo. Looks so bold and strong compared to the circle ten.

7 Likes

They probably don’t find it irreverent enough to allow it to replace that ancient disc thing.

2 Likes

Let’s hope when CBS start making more obvious changes (for the viewer at least) that they see the value of the numerical 10. Granted, logos for US stations are very different, but numbers are core components.