Ten On-Air Presentation

I struggle to understand your contempt for the numerical 10. It’s much more versatile in terms of usage in promotional materials when compared to the circle Ten logo.

2 Likes

I agree. The worst thing that they did was make the ten logo light blue. Although it is a softer pallets than the blue and yellow, the light blue is out of place in many places of their branding.
I don’t think a numerical Ten is essential, but I do believe they need to reinvent their logo in the future.

2 Likes

you mean like it could be used in something like a promotion for something like ACT10N movies???

Why don’t they just bring back ‘10 TV Australia’ if they like using the 10 so much?

There’s no rule saying that if a logo is numerical then the written name has to be numerical too., and vice versa.

Seven Network → “7” numerical logo
Nine Network → “9” numerical logo

1 Like

the use of TEN was most effective when they promoted themselves as “The Entertainment Network”

4 Likes

I’m no designer so i guess i can’t say with any authority but i would have though a round/circle/globe logo provides heaps of versatility and graphic applications

I just find the “10” motif dull

2 Likes

The numeric 10 is nice. It’s just the implementation of it that’s disappointing. Go hard or go home I reckon. Seven moved boldly with their new logo at the turn of the century and have never looked back. They didn’t have the circle 7 logo lurking in backgrounds or showing up in certain places.

9 Likes

What I find rather interesting is how that Sponsored Ident is airing in native HD while almost all of Ten’s program promos are still shown in upconverted SD.

From all reports, Ten used to be a leader in HD while a network like Nine was a little behind the others a decade or more ago - oddly it seems that those positions have somehow reversed.

1 Like

He does have a point… In the example I gave above there are very few program genres with “io” in them where you could insert the numbers 1 and 0…

However, there are several you could do with the ten inside the circle…

as an example

SPORT, COMEDY AND MOVIE could have the O replaced with the Ten logo

AND AND EXAMPLE FOR A SHOW

STUDIimage

Obviously with text and logo the same size

Except the old logo was on the news for a while.

/nitpick

3 Likes

I believe the same thing happened back in early '89.

Was it? I’m suffering from old brain.

1 Like

It’s to the best of my knowledge that when Seven changed their logo in 2000, Melbourne still had the old “split 7” logo on the news for a short time while Sydney & Brisbane (at least) had the new logo on their News Opener(s) from Day 1. Not sure what happened in Adelaide & Perth.

And since this is the Ten On-Air Presentation thread, I do believe that the current light blue/white logo was edited onto the news titlecards quite quickly in 2013.

2 Likes

Perth had the old logo for several months after the fact in 2000.

3 Likes

I for one loved the split 7 logo and it was a shame it got the boot once the 2000’s arrived.

Themed line up and sponsorhip

5 Likes

8 Likes

Are they using the movie billboard again? Didn’t they retire it a while ago?

Yep, that’s the promo I saw. Mentioned it in the Ten Schedule / TV Movies threads a couple of hours ago.