Ten On-Air Presentation

No. We don’t want Ten to become Fox!

2 Likes

I didn’t say that. I suggested a revised logo in the style of the FOX logo, not a renaming. Calm the fuck down.

1 Like

We don’t want any connection to Fox. Full stop.

4 Likes

Oh don’t “we”. Didn’t know this was a gang warfare.

3 Likes

Ten does already have the “10” digit logo, but a FOX-style wordmark wouldn’t look as good.

2 Likes

How many more times are going to keep trying to push this ridiculous notion that 10 should become Fox? The majority of Australia doesn’t want Ten taken over by an American brand. They want Ten to keep its own Australian identity.

The font for the “ten” logo still looks good and hasn’t dated.

1 Like

hahaahahahahhahaha, good one.

5 Likes

Compared to other fonts from the early 90s it’s held up well. It’s not that different from many contemporary fonts.

5 Likes

That’s the thing - it’s not from the early 1990s. It’s a font that dates back to the 1950s - either Eurostile or Microgramma. Both are very similar and are both very, VERY dated. Used a lot from the 1970s to the late 1980s on shop signage and in cars on dashboards. It was meant to convey a futuristic or modern image.

An example from a shitty 1970s shopping centre that I remember going to as a kid:

There’s also an abundance of gold plated signage in the Greater Union cinema in Wollongong which is a timewarp.

When Ten launched the new logo in 1991, the font itself was probably outdated even at that time.

5 Likes

I don’t see it as dated at all. And it’s a fairly flexible design that allows room for alterations as we’ve seen over the years.

Compare it to the somewhat similar ABC logo in the US, now that looks to be a dated font but I’d never suggest changing it. It’s been the same for 50 years or so.

10 Likes

And I think in the context of the logo it doesn’t even look dated anyway

1 Like

Ten’s logo is Eurostile Extended in lower case. What you’ve shown there looks more like Eurostile Bold Regular and I agree in capitals those signs look less contemporary. And as you say, the futuristic/modern look holds up.

Yes. It’s evolved and could evolve again if it needed to be freshened up.

Agree.

3 Likes

Any talk of “returning” to the 80s or 90s reminds me of this:

7 Likes

That logo really needs to come back.

1 Like

Because ‘X’ mean something is wrong? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe a tick would be better.

1 Like

That doesn’t accurately describe Ten at this current stage. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Obviously it would be for the “relaunch” after the billionaires are given free reign. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

There’s definitely something wrong at Ten.

It could also mean a kiss (as in a kiss of life or death), unknown identity or quantity, crossroads, cross your heart and hope to die, captures in chess, X marks the spot for treasure that can’t quite be found. All rather appropriate at this point in Ten’s history.

5 Likes

Noughts and crosses anyone?

Channel 0?

2 Likes

The Rexona Channel: Come Smell the Difference

http://www.rexona.com.au/Images/2975/2975-945504-home_teaser_product_packshot_women_AUS.png

8 Likes