Ten On-Air Presentation

Since when?

1 Like

Visit NYC sometime - you’ll see it everywhere on-screen.

1 Like

Yuck

1 Like

Sure. Sounds easy. :rolling_eyes: I’ll see if i can pop up there on the weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

My thoughts exactly. Nothing says early 90s to me like cobalt blue. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I love. Bring back.

1 Like

That graphics in that news cap scream youthful 90s vibe. Nice retro!

I think it could work, if the colours are balanced properly, blue can be overpowering, basically in that dark of shade of blue. Perhaps in a lighter shade to keep in it the middle, not too bright or too dark.

Ten did relaunch in 1991 after the 1990 administration troubles. Maybe they should relaunch as a youth network again. When Gina Rhinehart and all the old folk came into the company (I think 2010?) they spent heaps (news revolution) on a aging their audience. That’s when it all started.

Those news titlecards from the 90s are so groovy, and would suit a youth based news programme today

2 Likes

Relaunching the network to target a demographic that is the most likely to completely abandon terrestrial TV in favour of online streaming and social media? No, just no.

And the same can be said about reviving programing or On-Air Presentation ideas from the 1990s and 2000s. Ten might’ve been trendy as a network among young people back then, but times have changed.

4 Likes

Thats one major factor I completely forgot about. Tough Times ahead.

They should embrace vaporwave

3 Likes

Ten’s target audience was the 18-49 demographic back in the days

More recently, yes. 16-39 was their target as the youth network.

1 Like

What will likely happen presentation wise too ten after this fiasco is sorted out? Are we likely to see a brand/presentation rebrand of ten like in 1991? Are we going to see more news programms on ten?

At this point I don’t even think Ten knows the answer to that. To fight back in the 1970s it used adults-only drama with a touch of nudity. In the 1980s it was news and mini-series. In the 1990s it was youth-oriented and US programming. In the 2000s it was reality shows.

I’m sure a brand refresh of some kind, even if it retains the existing logo, will come into play… although we all thought that might happen with advertising and marketing execs running the channel in recent years. And that clearly didn’t happen.

6 Likes

I wonder what formats would be more relevant in the 2010s. Political satire?

2 Likes

Maybe just satire and comedy. Have You Been Paying Attention and Gogglebox are two of their biggest shows. So maybe comedy is the way to go.

2 Likes

Comedy has always tended to do better on Ten than Nine or Seven. If they beefed up some primetime local news, added some more comedy and tentpole reality they might do alright. Give up on 5pm and go late.

8 Likes

The Project is also a healthy blend of news and current affairs mixed with a bit of satire.

Leave Seven and Nine to squabble over who has the most and best news, docudramas and sport, satire is the route that neither network has exploited, perhaps this could become Ten’s domain?

I like this cross-over promo for FOX’s summer schedule.

I especially love the clean FOX TV logo. I wonder if anyone here can mock a TEN in FOX-style uppercase, over in the mocks thread?

3 Likes