Ten On-Air Presentation

I was disappointed when they were promoting this show in Melbourne that they used the Sydney 70s Ten logo and not the Melbourne 0 logo.

1 Like

They probably found it cheaper just to use the logo from TEN10 than to make a different one for each market.

Well, the channel is currently called “TEN”, they can’t step too far away from their actual branding and company name - the point of the promo is still to make people recognise the show is on the network.

1 Like

I loved the 0 logo from the 70s

1 Like

Both Melbourne and Brisbane made good use of it.

Meant to reflect the basic and harsh conditions of the prison perhaps?

2 Likes

I meant it’s missing the 3D and glossy elements that all other network promos have.

Floating ice-cream PRG :icecream:

5 Likes

9 Likes

These ID/Movie Promo ads are so weird.

1 Like

They’re bizarre but they exploit a loophole… they don’t count as advertising content as they are “indents” so the network can charge for advertising the movie but it doesn’t count in the minutes of advertising permitted per hour.

5 Likes

yep. And they do the same with lengthy program promos that don’t give the day/time… so then it’s considered a station ID which therefore is exempt from the non-program quota. And then they follow it up with a 5-second promo showing the day/time. So a 60-second promo is only tagged as taking 5 seconds. And those other 55 seconds can go towards advertising.

The networks exploit the loopholes because they write them in… and ACMA signs off on it

2 Likes

Just on those network IDs, don’t Seven have the Disney deal?

Hence surprised to see them sponsoring Ten/Ten promoting the new movie.

Note:
Seven have still been promoting it via trailers.

thinking the same thing, because they did Guardians of the Galaxy as well

1 Like

To quote @Bort circa 2014:

“It’s idents FFS”

6 Likes

Don’t mistake movie/content licensing for advertising deals.

Just because Seven have a content agreement with Disney, doesn’t mean Disney can’t advertise on other networks.

4 Likes

IT looks like There is another new voiceover on Ten. That male voiceover has a shrill voice and has done promos on the Nine Network.

This one ???

4 Likes

This one.

1 Like

Yes I’ve heard him on Ten - he does the other Shark Tank promo! I’ll see if I can upload it.