Ten On-Air Presentation

Channel 10’s new ice-cream range, coming soon!

2 Likes

seriously delicious :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What’s wrong with this one? What tie-ins do you want?

If there was a comma after 10, I’d understand your confusion.

My post was entirely positive, I think it’s great.

4 Likes

I see. The problem seems to entirely be with your punctuation. Times two. :wink:

There! Fixed for you now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree. I know a lot of people here like how versatile the current 10 logo is, but honestly, I have never been a fan of it. The circle surrounding the numeric 10 completely cheapens the look and the “Good Morning” background track used in the current package would have to be worst ‘theme music’ Ten have had in years. It’s drab and doesn’t grab the viewer’s attention at all. I would love to see a change to the current on-air presentation.

2 Likes

I’m the exact opposite. IMO 10 has the best on-air presentation currently on Australian TV.

9 Likes

Personally I think Ten’s current On-Air Presentation is OK, but not massively impressive to the point that I think the next branding evolution from the Nine Network (likely to coincide with the move to North Sydney, one would have to imagine) isn’t likely to blow it out of the water.

However I would say their 2018-now logo is bold and distinctive. Sure, the 1991-2018 logo had been around for a long time but after nearly 28 years (in various forms, of course) it was time for it to be retired. I mean, the first version of Ten’s previous logo was launched when the now late Bob Hawke was still in power for heavens sake!

Personally I think a far bigger issue for Ten than either their logo or On-Air Presentation is the fact they (unlike Seven or Nine) haven’t got much premium news or sports content to attract a base of viewers to the network. The result? Some OK ratings for key programs on Ten, but otherwise well behind Seven, Nine and sometimes even the ABC!

2 Likes

I agree that a logo change was necessary, however I don’t like the way in which they went about it. I actually believe the numeric 10 on it’s own (without the circle) looks more bold and distinctive. It was ridiculous that Ten had been using that variation of the logo for up to four years, only for it not to have become the permanent logo.

I could go on a massive rant about my disdain for the current package (the new voiceover artists aren’t any good either IMO), but i’ll leave it at that.

While I agree that keeping the circle wasn’t necessary, at the same time I think numerical “10” used in the 2014-18 On-Air Presentation package wouldn’t have looked quite right in smaller sizes.

It wouldn’t overly surprise me if at some point in the future, Ten decides to phase out the circle and does what Seven did in the Early 2000s by using the 2D/print version (with some tweaks for on-air use) of the “10” everywhere.

Faux graphics seen during Rove tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Those housewives come with more than one head.

(Terrible quality ripped from Twitter)

3 Likes

From broadcast TV

6 Likes

Seen during Rove tonight

4 Likes

It’s gotta be 5 o’clock somewhere!

Serious question - or “seriously” if you get my drift…

Why isn’t Ten using the “#TV with a twist” much more in its advertising and marketing, such as billboards? I feel like the “TV with a twist” line was used for one day when they relaunched, and then dropped. It’s a good slogan. It’s different and it’s kind of fresh. The logo is still bedding itself into the consciousness, if you ask me… and the “TV with a twist” line is the perfect slogan to accompany that logo. You know, the whole bottle opener look of the logo thing. It should still be accompanying the logo underneath as a hashtag, in my humble opinion.

1 Like

But what was the twist?

It’s still the same old 10.

2 Likes

Morning news is obviously a rich area to mine. It’s been said many times, but they should be doing a sassy morning news with attitude like Robyn Meade or “Fox and Friends” - something different ffs. Look how weak “Today” is. Ten have talented people to know how to do breakfast TV, supposedly!

The Project is good at 7 but - the core problem and I’ve said it nine zillion times - national news does not work at 6-7pm. Never has. And that’s essentially what The Project is (with slightly different lipstick, but it’s basically national news).

2 Likes

What’s For the love of it about Pepsi? It’s a slogan.

1 Like