Ten - On-Air Presentation (1991-94)

Someone has kindly uploaded the Sydney version of all 3 of Ten’s launch promos during this period. Never seen them on youtube before.

1 Like

That promo probably would’ve been shot sometime in Late 1992 after Ten decided to have Ron Wilson as a main co-presenter of Sydney’s 5pm bulletin as Tim Webster moved onto Sports duties, but before Sandra Sully officially replaced Katrina Lee (who’s sitting alongside Ron at the 41 second mark)?

Certainly I was under the impression that the main 5pm news team on Ten Sydney in 1993 was Ron, Sandra, Tim & Brian Bury anyway…

1 Like

The Slim Dusty Movie PRG from a 1992 airing.

1 Like

Must’ve come after 10 axed GMA officially cuz Sandra has that sunshine next to her afterwards indicating GMA was still on air during the promo.

But 10 Sydney was in musical chairs with its news team.

1990: Ian Leslie, Eric Walters
1991: Eric Walters (until May 1991). Then Katrina Lee and John Mangos
1992: Katrina Lee and Tim Webster
1993: Ron Wilson and Sandra Sully
1994-95: Ron Wilson and Juanita Phillips.

1 Like

Flemishdog on Twitter has also just posted the Adelaide version of the 1992 season launch promo, which is pretty much identical to other cities except for the 2 seconds with snapshots of George Donikian and presenters from Ten Eyewitness News.

https://twitter.com/FlemishDog/status/1376019104948084738?s=20

5 Likes

Channel Ten Adelaide - Sunday 18/4/1993

Adelaide Proud Ident:

Sponsors:

Movie of the Week Opener:

Adults Only Advisory:

Terminator 2 Break Bumper:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

7 Likes

Interestingly, just five days before this recording:

Of course while it’s not always evident by posts on Media Spy, I’ve long helped out Zampakid (and others) find airdates for the old recordings they’ve found on VHS tapes. Although the programming variations of different cities has made things tricky at times, I think I’ve managed to get all of them correct! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice to see even 28 years later 10 is still running terrible docos about the Royals. Also this from 2 days before I was born so that’s something.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just because of the capture but the “t” looks squashed/out of proportion to the “e” and “n”. It seems more apparent when looking at the screen cap directly below it.

3 Likes

I think it’s just the analogue signal/capture.

2 Likes

From sometime in Early 1991:

From April 1991:

Various caps from promos:

Ident:

Simpsons stuff:

PRG:

Production ender:

Movie of the Week:

10 Likes

From November 1991:

Ident:

PRG:

7 Likes

A few days ago, I happened to discover on tape a 22-minute long recording of a 1993 Dame Kiri Te Kanawa opera performance.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an exact date for the recording and the ad breaks weren’t recorded, however I did happen to come across these and I thought they may be worth sharing:

Capital Television PRG:

Capital PRG

Breakbumper and Sponsor Billboard:

opera1opera2

Channel Ten Endboard:

Tenboard

Lastly, a Capital-branded promo. The recording ended just seconds into the promo, so this is all I have of it:

capitalpromo

Video:

3 Likes

Due to a combination of research and personal knowledge, I can confirm that:

*Ten (and Capital) aired “Dame Kiri Te Kanawa in Concert” on Saturday October 9, 1993.
*The presenter you see between the concert ending and the credits rolling was Anne Fulwood, who at the time presented weeknight editions of Ten Eyewitness News: Late Edition…but chances are you probably already knew that.
*That very brief flash of a “Wednesday 9.30” Capital promo? That would’ve been for Picket Fences.

4 Likes

Rare sponsor grab too, Infiniti only entered the Australian market for like a year in the 90s.

4 Likes

That’s interesting, thanks for the helpful information and for finding the exact date for me! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you were able to find the airdate, because I tried doing a bit of research shortly after I digitalised the recording and I wasn’t able to find anything online relating back to the broadcast.

2 Likes

Channel Ten Adelaide - Sunday 3/2/1991

Promo Endtags:

Monday Promo:

Premiere Movies Promo:

Entertaining You This Summer Competition:

8 Likes

1994:

Production ender 1:

Production ender 2:

1994 Commonwealth Games ident:

PRGs:

Promos:

(Videos for those promos can be found on my YouTube channel)

7 Likes

Was AbFab on Ten before it moved to Seven?

No that is from the music video “Absolutely Fabulous” by the Pet Shop Boys taken from Video Hits.
@Petarkco’s video: Video Hits montage (1994) - YouTube

1 Like