Promo Endtags:

Monday 14/9/1992
PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Tuesday 9/3/1993
PRG:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

If this premiered in 1992, it would have been ten years between being first released and then premiering on TV. That seems like a long time to wait for a movie premiere, was this usual practice in the early 90s?

2 Likes

It was not usual practice for such a long delay to TV, but ET being such a phenomenon was an exception.

4 Likes

Channel Ten Sydney - Friday 23/4/1993

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

airing a special episode of an American daytime talkshow in primetime? Wonder if it was Easter non-ratings period…

1 Like

Just after it, the info I can gather suggest that the Easter non-ratings period would’ve taken place between April 4 and 17 in 1993.

1 Like

Wouldn’t have to be. I recall Ten aired a few Oprah eps in primetime as well in the past.

1 Like

It’s appalling how much networks relied on foreign content. No wonder we have quotas. Just look at the shit networks aired.

2 Likes

10 was notorious in the 90s for no local content

2 Likes

in those days, it used to rate and was obviously cheaper than making local content, so it was logical.

Ten was canny, or perhaps just lucky, in that it secured some of what would become the defining shows of the '90s and it made good money for them.

There was still local content and they still had quotas to maintain but the overseas stuff was what made money for them then.

5 Likes

Channel Ten Adelaide - Friday 16/10/1992

Friday Movie Opener:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

Channel Ten Adelaide - Sunday 20/12/1992

Season’s Greetings Ident:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

3 Likes

To be precise - Sunday December 20, 1992.

Even if it was the replacement for Good Morning Australia, I’m surprised a promo for The Big Breakfast with Tim Bailey got a run in primetime! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I hope that logo is just pixellated from the screen cap, and not what actually went to air :wink:

4 Likes

Channel Ten Adelaide - Friday 6/5/1994

Friday Movie Opener:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

2 Likes

Channel Ten Sydney - Sunday 15/8/1993

Home Alone Break Bumper:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

8 Likes

@Sifon’s reaction to Promo Endtag #1: :heart_eyes:

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

7 Likes

Channel Ten Sydney - Monday 25/11/1991

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

Interesting in that prg that they have (Modificated for television) in it.

2 Likes

Channel Ten Sydney - Friday 6/12/1991

Friday Movie Opener:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Production Closer:

2 Likes