Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

She adapted really well to the Melbourne market. Her story tonight on the 40th anniversary of Ash Wednesday was great. Sad to see her go.

5 Likes

I agree. She is one of the best presenters at 10 Melbourne so yes it is sad. Can’t wait to see her back soon with whatever she does next as she said “I look forward to drawing on my 20 years in journalism for the next adventure” in her post. I hope GTV gets her IMO as their presenting lineup is a bit bare TBH.

2 Likes

Wow wasn’t expecting that

2 Likes

Sad to see Natasha leaving 10.

Given Lara Hyams had just quit the ABC, could Tash return to the public broadcaster?

3 Likes

A steal if she went to GTV. Fit her into their presenting lineup - Pete+Alicia and Natasha on weekends.

4 Likes

I’m a fan of Natasha and hope she pops up somewhere again soon, however I don’t believe presenting is her forte.

2 Likes

Feels like the 3rd or 4th time she’s leaving 10?

3 Likes

Mmm. Really liked Natasha but can’t expect people to stick around indefinitely if they are under utilised. As good as Chris Bath is, she’s freelance. It would have been good if they split the weekend news on alternate fortnights between Sydney and Melbourne with Natasha and Lachlan presenting - at least provides something for the permanent more senior staff.

Ten News Queensland sports reporter (and former Sports presenter until the bulletin shifted production to Sydney), Jonathan Williams is also leaving the network.

A bit of news from me - after 15 + years at Channel 10 I’ve decided to blow the full time whistle.

2 Likes

Remember how Tash got fired by the ABC back then? Not sure if management will make up to her after that.

I always enjoyed Natasha reading the news and reporting and her appearances on Studio 10. I think she could do even better in a broader role that allows her personality to be expressed more.

9 Likes

I really enjoyed when she was Tokyo correspondent for the Cheap Seats. She was able to be very casual with it and it was very funny.

Maybe she’s not going into another journo job? Why else would she mention her time in Europe away from 10?

2 Likes

Didn’t realise Jonathan was still with the network since the bulletin went to Sydney.

A few people leaving… re-allocating the money towards the Adelaide bulletin, or just a coincidence?

1 Like

Probably they’ve been there for a while and realized there’s aren’t many opportunities on the way in terms of news so they’ll move on elsewhere. Such a shame that quality ajd experience disappears from the place.

3 Likes

News.com.au calling her both a veteran and 34. I don’t think either are true.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/new-chapter-natasha-exelby-joins-network-10-exodus/news-story/fbdd95bad54d601af06133938c5585da

1 Like

That means she must have started working in journalism when she was 14 so must have been studying it at 11. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Probably should be either 43 (transposed) or 44. I have no idea how old she is, but that’s a possible explanation.

LinkedIn says she graduatein 2005, but started reporting for Seven QLD in 2003. Based off that she’s at least 37. 43 sounds a bit high though.

An I’m A Celebrity website with all the contestants who have appeared says:
Natasha Exelby (Born 12th February 1983)

So if it’s true then she is 39, turning 40 in a few days.

3 Likes

I like Tash, however, newsreading is not her forte. She’s great out in the field.

2 Likes