Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Narelda Jacobs is o n the next Q+A.

Her bio reads “Narelda Jacobs is a Whadjuk Noongar woman from Perth. She’s been a journalist at Network 10 since 2000, spending 19 years in the Perth newsroom before heading to Studio 10 in Sydney.”

8 Likes

Imagine the genders were reversed…

4 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

https://twitter.com/australian/status/1628570033306873856?s=20

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

It has been noticeable he has barely worked this year. 10 really need someone of gravitas to head up the bureau.

That Stella shouts her reports and Chloe Bouras is a good reporter but she’s too young and doesn’t have the experience.

5 Likes

Time to send Hugh back to Canberra?

5 Likes

Would be great but doubt he would want to live there. The commuting arrangement is a bit tough.

1 Like

News.com.au headline

So PVO the ‘major’ star is the one to blame for the ‘chaos’ at Ten…
PVO

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

PVO used to co-host the project sunday, prior to Hamish quitting ABC q&a.

Yes we know

Okay maybe she does, what’s the point here - she shouldn’t talk the way she naturally does?

Seems like a pretty decent overall reporter to me, if she’s good at her job then that’s all that really matters right.

2 Likes

I guess. For me it makes me not watch Ten news but I guess I’m just one.

What is happening at TEN is terrible - TEN at Epping Rd in its heyday was a major employer in that area and TEN at Mt Coot-tha was a third of the commercial TV employment in Brisbane. I knew people who worked at both. Once those jobs disappear they never return. The TV in Brisbane went from a bit south of 1000 people all up in the 80’s to not even a couple of hundred today.

The industry changed. All the networks have hung onto the past. It’s just in 10’s case they’re the most vulnerable.

One person leaving isn’t the end of news at 10 either. If someone like Sandra Sully was to leave then maybe it’s time to put up the white flag but today isn’t it.

The North Ryde/Macquarie Park area has TV links today. It’s home to Foxtel’s HQ and the Sky News Sydney hub just up the road from the former 10 studios.

4 Likes

Peter is no great loss to 10. He was an experiment in becoming FM news that failed… and should’ve been let go years ago — but he had the ability to “fit in with the boys” so managed to hang on.

6 Likes

Used to……

1 Like