Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Monday (01.08.2022): Paris Martin did Sydney and Brisbane weather.

Friday (05.08.2022): Hugh Riminton is presenting in Sydney and Brisbane tonight.

3 Likes

Seems like Sandra has (most) Fridays off?

1 Like

According to what I’ve heard/read, she never used to work Fridays during her late night news days, so that wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility

1 Like

Only rather recently.

Hugh also presenting the Perth bulletin tonight.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Monday 8 August

Lachlan Kennedy is back presenting 10 News First Breakfast this week.

6 Likes

As he normally would be…?

You will note the word ‘back’ in the post above. He was off last week.

1 Like

But still. He’s returned to his normal role. Do we really need to be noting these?

that old chestnut eh.

2 Likes

Lol. I just don’t think it provides any conversation.

1 Like

It doesn’t but some people seem to feel it necessary to conduct a roll call every day to make sure everyone is present and accounted for.

11 Likes

:joy:. I would never have thought to phrase it that way. Love it.

2 Likes

Nothing personal against those who post presenter updates, I’m certainly guilty of it in the past, but IMO it’s unnecessary to post things like “X is reading the Morning News” or “X is presenting sport on this bulletin”.

Perhaps it’s okay to mention the name of someone who hasn’t presented on a bulletin before, but specific daily updates are somewhat unnecessary.

6 Likes

Monday (08.08.2022) - Thursday (11.08.2022): Hugh Riminton is presenting in Sydney and Brisbane.

Friday (12.08.2022): Hugh Riminton is still presenting in Sydney and Brisbane. Paris Martin on weather.

4 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issues, Ideas, Suggestions

Sandra Sully’s episode of Who Do You Think You Are? airs tonight on SBS.

6 Likes

After 3 years in the states and 6 years in total, 10’s US correspondent Eammon Ashton-Atkinson is moving back to the UK in October and signing off from the network.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the posting there, whether it will be offered to another journalist or they continue to use Katherine Firkin and CBS News correspondents.

7 Likes

Oh that’s a shame. He’s had a good stint and really pioneered the solo correspondent role without the support of a producer or bureau.

At least they still have Katherine Firkin there. But best they get someone else as well. They perhaps need another up and comer.

8 Likes