Ticker News

6 Likes

That’s interesting. Wonder if they’ll start doing weekend news bulletins now?

Can’t see Flash too happy if it encroaches onto Sky News turf though.

1 Like

Would love to see a tour of their studio

2 Likes

Good to see ticker get on to Flash. I might not be a huge fan but good on them. Fetch TV would be a good one to see take it on.

1 Like

As long as Ticker stays away from RWNJ commentators then Sky has nothing to worry about :wink:

1 Like

Ticker presenter Adrian Franklin - who’s been there since mid-2020 IIRC - has moved to Channel 10 as a sports reporter

7 Likes

‘In front of a real audience’….interesting.

7 Likes

Massive insinuation there if there ever was one.

7 Likes

Could be a couple of things. Maybe he’s inferring that they inflate their audience numbers or it could just be a dig at their low audience numbers.

4 Likes

From that… it does come across that he’s happy to be moving on. Good luck to him… great talent.

4 Likes

I took it as his Nan consider 10 as a FTA television channel as a ‘real audience’.

2 Likes

Possibly. I think it’s pretty clear what he meant though.

3 Likes

He can’t be referring to audience numbers. The difference between viewers on Ten and Ticker surely is negligible.

3 Likes

I think he’s referring to being on “real TV” rather than streaming.

1 Like

Decided to download Ticker onto my Telstra TV box.

Don’t get the idea of putting world news on a 15 minute rotation with a presenter who’s very stilted and no warmth at all when reading (a quick google search tells me it’s Omer Kablan as he doesn’t say his name or no on-air graphic).

There’s enough content from AP, Reuters, BBC and other international partner sources to have at least a proper hour of world news, international sports and a look at world weather.

Maybe the other shows are better.

4 Likes

This seems fairly new?

Double header with Ahron Young and Holly Stearnes (who has come a long way) in the morning, and just noticed the lower thirds have been updated which look much better.

1 Like

looks like they’re cropping footage from other outlets

4 Likes

‘Department of Defense’ followed by news readers sitting in front of a Melbourne skyline.

Have they pivoted back to Australian news or are they still going after the tech bro Elon Musk, Bitcoin acolytes in the US?

Have they broken a single story or do they still just take other people’s footage and reporting and redo it with their own logo?

3 Likes

I just watched the hourly news update and it was all American based headlines. A minute of explaining the headline then another minute of the video from a press conference saying the exact same thing.

2 Likes

Ticker should take a look at newsy. The on air talent have chemistry and the story’s just flow.

2 Likes