Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

It’s nothing new. The banter and scarf wearing at the end of bulletins on Origin night began when she moved to 5pm and presented the double header with Bill Woods.

1 Like

Friday 15 July-

Natasha Exelby is presenting in Melbourne and Adelaide tonight.

4 Likes

Friday (15.07.2022): Hugh Riminton is presenting in Sydney and Brisbane tonight. Amanda Jason is on weather and Jelisa Apps is still doing sport.

@foxyrover Jelisa Apps is presenting sport again this weekend.

6 Likes

Why do these reporters feel the need to announce they have covid? Think of the real people sho are doing it tough who suffer from cancer fuck sake

Viewers will likely ask why he’s absent from presenting the weather, don’t see anything wrong with it personally.

4 Likes

PVO on Insiders this morning.

3 Likes

If he had a cat on his lap, he’d look like a villain with the black turtleneck jumper.

6 Likes

Meanwhile, Patrick Murrell (Melbourne State Political Reporter) is filling in at Parliament House Canberra. Just filed a report this evening.

3 Likes

Monday 18 July & Tuesday 19 July-

Hugh Riminton is presenting in Sydney and Brisbane.

With Matt Burke back presenting sport and Josh Holt also back presenting weather this week.

Wednesday 20 July-

Sandra Sully is back presenting in Sydney and Brisbane.

3 Likes

Kate Banville, formerly with ABC as a Rural reporter filed a story for 10 Qld last night:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Freelancer Kate Allman started in Sydney last week.

2 Likes

When Channel Ten reporter Hugh Riminton tried to ask her a question, Kennedy (the new US ambassador to Australia) was taken aback.

“Did you just talk over the woman?” she asked.

Kennedy may have been smiling, but she wasn’t joking. Kennedy took a question from Channel Seven’s Isabelle Mullen, the female reporter who was spoken over, before returning to Riminton, who took the very public call-out in good humour.

“It was like being ticked off by the headmistress!” he said afterwards. Adding that he meant Mullen no disrespect, Riminton said: “I think there is no reason for men to wait until all female reporters have asked their questions before they ask theirs. And two reporters speaking at once is an inevitability at every presser.”

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/hughriminton/status/1550314171723436032

2 Likes
2 Likes

Sounds to me like Isabelle Mullen started speaking before Hugh.

To me, Hugh starts marginally before her saying it’s been, then Isabelle starts & Hugh hesitates before keeping on going.

However this is all a bit of a storm in a tea cup - I think it shows that Kennedy probably shouldn’t have called him out because it’s not clear cut. I hope her team has at least apologised to Hugh.

She’s right. Men should quit the profession. Fuck me. Seriously?!

One of the most stupid things I’ve ever seen. Why he is posting about it who knows. Just ignore it and move on. You’re not the story.

2 Likes

He’s drawn more attention to it now. I didn’t even realise it was Hugh - Isabelle never named him in her tweets or the report. I’d agreed, he’s kind of thrown himself under the bus here.

PVO back at work reporting on the new parliament. Been on a holiday it would seem.

1 Like