Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Wouldn’t surprise me if his weather was one of the highest rating segments.

His segments were highly energetic, but so engaging.

Before being confined to the studio, he would often do charity live crosses so no doubt his heart is with the people and they know that too

5 Likes

I think the peak of viewership for Ten’s 5pm bulletin is traditionally halfway through - one of the presenters (possibly Hugh Riminton) even mentioned this when they were a guest on The Chaser’s Media Circus several years back.

Back in March, the peak of ratings for 10 News First Sydney was during the 5.30pm quarter on the 5th and during the 5.45pm quarter on the 17th. No idea about more recent results.

2 Likes

That’s why I’ve long thought it was silly to have their main news at 5

1 Like

Caty Price presenting sport in Melbourne this evening.

2 Likes

Is Tim Bailey coming back at all? Or is that it?

I reckon he’s gone.

1 Like

Not coming back, in protest. When staff are made redundant, they are given the option to depart immediately.

3 Likes

And so he should.

Why stay?,

2 Likes

I don’t particularly like Tim Bailey as a presenter (that’s probably putting it mildly to say the least) but if he has any respect at all for the viewers who’ve supported him over 25 years+, surely he’ll come into the studio and do a proper farewell on Friday?

He doesn’t owe anyone anything

6 Likes

Of course not. If he should wish to come back, it would be nice to do a farewell for him.

I’m not so sure they’d let him even if he wanted to.

He has clearly protested by not continuing till Friday, why let come back on his terms? As far as viewers and probably 10 are concerned he’s been gone for weeks. A bit silly for them to remind what viewers they have left of what happend.

He doesn’t like you either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Do you ever stop trolling?

2 Likes

Honestly. I cannot imagine how he must be feeling. Being with a company for near 30 years and then all of a sudden getting shot with this. It must be hard.

I don’t blame him for not returning I doubt he will, I’ve seen a lot on socials ask for him to return to one last time.

Sydney needs to put on one hell of a farewell package for him though come Friday.

And I want him to come back just one last time.

7 Likes

Kudos to the presenters across the network who demonstrated class and professionalism by continuing in their roles until the final day. No doubt it hasn’t been easy and the final few days will be exceedingly difficult for them.

15 Likes

7News Brisbane giving a free promotional kick to Ten Brisbane’s new 5pm Newsreader by showing an old clip of her competing in ‘Surf Girl 1982’.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=621904648699464

7 Likes

TV Tonight has revealed that Josh Holt will be the weather presenter for Sydney, Brisbane and Perth bulletins of 10 News. Kate Freebairn will present Melbourne and Adelaide.

18 Likes

This is a fantastic move given the circumstances.
A bit of familiarity for both Brisbane and Adelaide viewers. Both are great too.

Guess the only loser is Perth, with none of its presenters being retained.

1 Like

Article says that the Perth team is yet to be outlined.

He is presenting Perth weather.

It sounds like Sandra may not present Perth?
Possibly in talks to relocate Monika to Sydney?

2 Likes