Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Wouldn’t be surprised if this remains permanent, better use of resources.

2 Likes

Agree, and there are lots of comments on Tim Bailey’s Instagram of people saying things along the lines of “the weather is boring now.”

Jennifer Keyte posted on Insta today from the Melbourne newsroom…it’s been a pretty big news day here so maybe she’s going to present a one-off local bulletin

We just had news update with Chris Bath here in Melbourne.

2 Likes

I’ve seen lots of similar comments about Tim on social media in recent weeks,it does seem some viewers did like his presenting style and will definitely miss him.

3 Likes

The Instagram post from Jennifer:

Seems she was there to present this bulletin about the important news on Melbourne’s lockdown, according to this post from their chief of staff.

2 Likes

With Narelda Jacobs remaining on Studio 10 as news presenter, it’s very likely Chris will do the national and Perth bulletins permanently.

1 Like

Did Jen end up presenting Melbourne tonight? I missed it.

Me too.
It sounds like Chris did (apparently she did an update before the bulletin)

If so, waste of time having Jen in the arvo.

Ten Melb also did a couple of crosses after the presser. The first was with a cafe owner - he nor the reporter (standing together) were wearing a mask.

They then crossed to a house with a couple and they (and the reporter) inside the house were also not wearing a mask.

Is that not against the rules?

No, it was the normal national bulletin with Chris.

2 Likes

What was the point in bringing her in today?
Chris Bath could have easily done it from Sydney.

1 Like

Not against the rules but it seems like a waste having Jen come in for 20 minutes of additional content after the press conference.

This is what I mean. Given she actually presented the 5pm news.

1 Like

So they are allowed to be together without masks on? Strangers? I didn’t think that was the rule at all.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I misunderstood what you meant :slight_smile:

Yes, I was a bit confused when they didn’t have their masks on during the live crosses too.

1 Like

Haha all good. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I cant really explain some of the decisions that news department make. Its odd.

5 Likes

Media are exempt from wearing masks when presenting on camera and they have to social distance when interviewing.

1 Like

But shouldn’t the interviewees have masks on? Or are you as a member of the public, suddenly exempt because you have an exempt reporter in your house?

I don’t think it’s against the rules to not wear a mask in your own house. But having a visitor in your house probably would be, I would think. Anyway, this must be covered by exemptions for media.

1 Like