Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Jelisa Apps has moved to 7 News, From 10 News First.

4 Likes

Confirmed early last month

2 Likes

Sport tonight

2 Likes

Never liked sport in that standing position. Always preferred it when they stood next to the two big screens on the left.
Would look even better now that those screens were replaced.

6 Likes

If the Brisbane bulletin returns to local production and presenters I wonder if Josh Holt would jump at the chance to move back?

1 Like

Good question. Otherwise, if he’s well settled in Sydney, TVQ could find a new local weather presenter.

He’d definitely be familiar for local viewers, but not sure he would be the best presenter choice as he really excels with his weather knowledge and presenting.

I do hope local Qld viewers are rewarded for being loyal to 10 and still tuning in still with relatively decent numbers respectively.

2 Likes

Former Sky News NZ Bureau Chief Jessica Maggio joined the Melbourne newsroom last week.

Edit: Another new journalist in Melbourne, former 9News Journalist / Producer Ashleigh Paholek has joined the newsroom.

5 Likes

JP Gonzo filing from Amman, Jordan tonight. It was a lengthy 5 min report.

4 Likes

I wonder if Charlotte Goodlet will be given a prominent role in Ten’s new evening/late news investment.

She seems like a good candidate for the Late News if it’s national.

7 Likes

I think it is still expected that she would return to presenting 10 News First Perth from the Pyrmont studios in Sydney once her maternity leave is up.

But while I know close to nothing about the state of affairs in Perth, I reckon they should keep production of its flagship bulletin at Subiaco, with Nat Forrest remaining at the helm. As you say, Goodlet would be a good candidate for the late-night news, or they could (though doubtful) go back to the future and get Sandra Sully to present it.

3 Likes

I was told by a very credible source that the Perth news will remain local permanently with Natalie Forrest.

11 Likes

I must agree that this is a sensible move, especially if the Late News comes out of Sydney as I think it will. While Adelaide has also returned to being a separate bulletin, it’s to my belief that production alternates between Adelaide and Sydney (where Kate Freebairn is based now), in the latter it would obviously be in a separate studio so as to avoid clashing with the composite Sydney/Brisbane bulletin.

1 Like

Now in Israel

5 Likes

Correct. It’s staying in Perth with Natalie as host.

9 Likes

Any news on QLD locally presented?

1 Like

Tight lips around 10 on weather anything happening around that, I’ve asked and no word on anything at this stage.

Likely more will be known at Upfronts about any plans, but 10 usually don’t make a big spectacle about news related programming either.

3 Likes

Although, when they announced the introduction for a late news bulletin yesterday, they stated that they’re more invested in News in 2024,

5 Likes

And that there would be further announcements in this space at the upfronts.

3 Likes

The release said:

“Additional exciting programming changes”

It didn’t say anything about that being about news, likely just to do with the new 6pm replacement.

Just how they were invested in 10 daily, Breakfast and every failed news revolution so far?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased they’ll be returning to late news in 2024 but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

It is 10 after all.

6 Likes