Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

I’ve just realised this: is 10 the only network to have female anchors as the main presenters across all it’s bulletins (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Midday, Weekends)?

4 Likes

It is now, ABC was all women in the five capital cities until Juanita left in Sydney.

7 Likes

Yes, I think so. From memory it’s been highlighted as a virtue previously in corporate interviews with the network bosses etc though I think the all female line up is more by chance, since the first round of presenter sackings rather than by absolute design.

2 Likes

Oh no I wasn’t suggesting anything by it. Just an observation.

1 Like

It’s also been suggested that women are paid less…

1 Like

Play of the Day

13 Likes

Yes for ABC it’d be by design but for 10 it has just happened to land that way.
If they were to re-start in Brisbane, I wonder who they’d get.

They’d probably have to poach from one of the other networks and/or send someone from interstate up there. Part of me thinks there’s a small possibility they could get Georgie back but I’m not sure how realistic that is

You’d have to think they’d look internal first like they did for Adelaide / Perth, and in that case Georgina Hill stands out for me if she wanted the gig but honestly there’s not many other options.

Externally well, I’d love for them to get someone like Lexy Hamilton-Smith back at the network if she was interested.

2 Likes

Possibly Pippa Sheehan also.

2 Likes

Surely Lachlan is the go to.

Anyway, we should stop dreaming…

4 Likes

Cough, cough.

1 Like

would he wanna move back to Brisbane? He’s got a family now.

you right?

1 Like

Friday 22 September: Lachlan Kennedy presented Midday and Sydney/Brisbane 5PM News.

7 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - not an unusual occurrence on Fridays anymore

Ashleigh Raper with a standing presentation report in studio today .

6 Likes

Yes, i was just saying as he presented Midday as well.

1 Like

Estelle Lewis present Ten News First Perth tonight. Not sure if she has presented a bulletin before, but this is the first time she has done so while being apart of the Perth news room.

16 Likes

How’d she do?

1 Like

Judging by the late night update she presented, I think she did a great job :slight_smile:

4 Likes