Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Could Narelda present a separate bulletin live into Perth at 3pm AEDT (12pm Perth time)? But it means there will not be enough time to pre-record content for the 5pm Brisbane bulletin.

1 Like

Unless they’ll use the Adelaide setup?

4 Likes

Maybe either Kate Freebairn or Sandra Sully will do the Perth news until Charlotte Goodlet returns from maternity leave.

Doubt Sandra would do it - would make her working day ridiculously long which I think is why she never presented Perth when they sacked local presenters in the first place.

Kate could be an option though a very unknown face in that market…

They would go with someone who is a local definitely, Nat Forrest could stay in Sydney?

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Project

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/max-burfords-journey-from-bgrade-footballer-to-adelaides-alist/news-story/e5af0dd93ffcc33c51376e2b0ede076c

Puff piece on Max Burford. Good to see 10 trying to raise the profile of its presenters and build some momentum for the Adelaide bulletin prior to launch.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

Tipping Charlotte Goodlet. Even better if they would present it from Perth again.

3 Likes

It did seem like Charlotte was the succession plan for whenever Narelda moved on, not sure if she will be back in time from maternity leave to present again when Narelda finishes up so they may have someone host in the interim.

I reckon Nat Forrest would have to be in with a chance also, she’s great IMO.

7 Likes

When doing the rounds for the midday bulletin, Narelda described being behind the news desk as where she was “the most comfortable”. So, it’s a bit odd to pin your career on a low rating morning show. I get the national exposure has led to new opportunities such as SBS but I wouldn’t say that the job security for either Studio 10 or the new national bulletin was at all high.

2 Likes

Not odd at all. If I remember reading correctly there were other reasons why she moved to Sydney for her new role with Studio 10 and Ten News First.

She’s arguably the best asset that Ten News First have so I’m hoping they have some plans for her in the network in the future.

Just my thoughts .

4 Likes

Hugh Riminton is presenting the Sydney/Queensland bulletin tonight.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Some may argue that she is somewhat polarising if she isn’t reading a teleprompter.

2 Likes

it’s just PR speak. Then when the next role comes along then that will become the “most comfortable”. Then eventually one day will come the “spending more time with the family” spiel. Doesn’t mean that they actually mean these things it’s just fed by PR (and, in some cases, HR :wink: )

1 Like

Stela Todorovic presented QLD daytime updates before, possible first time if I’m not mistaken?

5 Likes

6 Likes

Looks like Adam is leaving 10 News First Melbourne weather

1 Like