Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Yes, she used to be a high school teacher.

Not that I ever use one’s tertiary qualifications as a measure of intellect, but many personalities, including some at Ten, have a larger number of/more presitgious (/whatever measure you want to use) degrees.

2 Likes

Daniel Sutton also in Rio.

3 Likes

Thank god there’s a senior reporter there. So a team of three reporters is quite adequate. They will be able to provide decent coverage for their one news hour a day.

Isn’t Candice the most senior?

Seeing as she’s the co-anchor of Ten Eyewitness News in Melbourne :wink:

She’s not really known outside of Melbourne. Dan Sutton use to be a foreign correspondent based in the US and has covered big world news and local rolling coverage of Sydney siege.

But I really don’t want to go into this with you because you will make it about some weird Melbourne thing.

7 Likes

Dan Sutton anchoring the olympics coverage in Sydney.
Perhaps Candice doing it for Melbourne?

Possibly. Nine has a few reporters from different markets in Rio for possible “local angle” Olympic reports, so Ten might too.

Of course they do :laughing:

Well Dan was live in Sydney last night and Candice was in Melbourne, so it would seem that was the case.

Wish they’d sent someone from Brisbane so we could’ve had the same and had a slightly local angle to reports.

I don’t see how a “local angle” is needed on a sports report from the other side of the world? :confused:

3 Likes

Obviously because the Australian networks want to report on the Australian gold medal wins, but the reason why mainly Seven and Nine (and Ten, to a lesser extent) have sent various reporters who are usually mainly only seen on the local news over is so they’re able to file Olympics reports with a slightly local angle. If for example a Queensland athlete wins a medal, they could do a localised story just for Brisbane’s news with the local reporter from that market as well as a more generic report for use nationally and in other cities. Hopefully that makes sense.

They could’ve used Gia Loukes to anchor live into Brisbane and then turn her around and go live into Adelaide half an hour later.
And then any of the reporters could go live into Perth given the time difference.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Foreign Correspondent

they probably only took one link with them though.

Ten baffle me sometimes…fail to send reporters to big events overseas then Andrew Denny is in Bali for an international anti terrorist summit. There didn even seem to be politicians there. Wonder why it’s getting coverage by ten.

Ten have a setup of sorts in Bali with a local producer there.

he’s a stringer actually, a camera operator whose contact details TEN has in case anything happens.

2 Likes

When showing a weather photo from Wollongong, Tim Bailey corrected said it was in “WIN territory”.

1 Like

Thank god they’re no longer “pumping it out on prime”

4 Likes

Thought they’d be switching it on, on Nine :stuck_out_tongue: