Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Not sure, I seem to recall Lexington saying there was a team of about 5 but I could be well off. That probably includes cameramen & maybe a producer I imagine.

Surely they’ve sent more than one reporter. In 1996 they sent three. It’s 2016 for fuck sake

Up to 10 people.

I believe there are 3 teams.

Candice (and her crew) along with two other sports reporters and their crews.

Candice’s live cross & report tonight:

5 Likes

as I said previously, Veronica isn’t going to Rio.

Candice will lead TEN’s coverage from over there.

Will there be other reporters joining her? If so, who?

Have to say Candice looks and sounds much more natural in her presenting live & reports filed from Rio tonight.

3 Likes

I believe there is one other. How much more do you need? most of the coverage is edited and packaged in Australia from the broadcast.

Non rights holders have very strict conditions placed on their movements at the olympic precinct and on the footage they show.

3 Likes

Non-rights holders have something like a 3x3 rule (no more than 3 minutes of Olympic footage, 3 times a day) if I’m not mistaken. Right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

They need reporters on the ground to chase Olympics based news and interview athletes outside venues. And in the past ten have always sent 3 reporters.

Gia Loukes is in Rio de Janiero from Ten News Adelaide

1 Like

Have to agree Candice’s is much better at reporting than reading news bulletins in my opinion.

Sydney saw the return of the better weather presenter, Amanda Jason, They got new dell laptops lmao and the banter was semi-good at the closer.

3 Likes

Both Pippa Sheehan & Jonathan Lea in Brisbane did live crosses tonight one from a sink hole in Ipswich and the other from the Newsroom respectively, whilst they also both presented different stories throughout the bulletin.

Tim Collits also voiced a story on the sink hole before they crossed live cross to Pippa. Wonder if/when any additional journalists will be joining the team?

1 Like

Yes she is but she doesn’t exactly look thrilled to be in Rio. She’s yet to crack a smile.

2 Likes

She does have a very serious reporting style which shows in her face, but her tweets about it being a once in a lifetime opportunity to be there reporting would suggest otherwise about whether or not she wanted to be there.

I think the coverage would be doing well for her credability as a journalist & presenter. It also says something about the networking having faith she can lead the coverage coming from Rio.

2 Likes

Veronica Eggleton has been presenting sport thus far this week for TENFAF Queensland. @Lexington Is Jono heading to Rio or just on annual leave?

Did you know?

Gorgi Coghlan holds a Bachelor of Science & Graduate Certificate of Education (as well as a media/comms qualification)…

More brains than any other in TV? :grinning:

Anyone know who Ch 10 sent to Beijing in 2008 (their ‘better news’ days…)

just on leave I believe.

1 Like