Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Given Stephen Quartermain and Jennifer Keyte were colleagues in the same newsroom in the 1980s, it would have been a great opportunity for them to present the 5pm bulletin together.

1 Like

I actually thought the same. Why didn’t they just pair them up together?

Probably because it would look incredibly stupid of the network to go with a double header after axing Candice only a year ago. (the revolving door of presenters)

1 Like

I doubt Jennifer Keyte would have signed with Ten if she was just going to co-present with Stephen.

9 Likes

I think the day of double headed bulletins are gone. There are always going to be people that arent going to be happy about Quarters going but thats life and the industry. Having Jen back at Ten shows their intent of building back the news division :+1:

7 Likes
32 Likes

Dammm!

4 Likes

Not really. Jen is an excellent newsreader. Candice is not. Nor is Stephen.

8 Likes

That’s an excellent promo.

8 Likes

Time for ten to be rolling out more promos. They should do some more local presenter ones like that Melbourne one.

10 Likes

Flashback

Stephen Quartermain,Jennifer Keyte,Charles Slade,Rob Gell ,David Johnston and Jo Pearson

10 Likes

they really should try to do what the ABC did with the promo endcards, where the presenters are actually filmed instead of photographed so it isn’t a static image with a moving object (even though this has the Ken Burns effect)

this reminds me of this 7 news promo all those years ago

5 Likes

They should do some for the other markets… Advertise that the presenters do have other interests besides being the face in front of a camera… really like that one should do some for Sandra & Georgie.

1 Like

After a one month holiday Tim Bailey is returning next week.

1 Like

disappointed that the Jennifer Keyte promo doesn’t feature the obligatory “showing newsreader buying vegies and talking to stall holders at Queen Victoria Market” because that’s a typical Melbourne newsreader promo cliche :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

They could have brought this one back instead.

It has the tram tho

And obligatory shot of Flinders Street station :wink:

But it is a bit cheeky to include the tagline “nobody knows Melbourne like…” :blush:

8 Likes

Great promo.

They did that in this promo @TelevisionAU Jen buying veggies :joy:

Also, been looking for this Melbourne ID for years! Some legend uploaded it a week ago “there’s no better place to be - 2007”:

^and they spelt Mike Larkin name wrong :roll_eyes:
9 Likes