Ten News First Content and Appearance

Might work for Brisbane, won’t work for Adelaide as they’ll be clashing with Melbourne’s live sport/weather at 5:45 or thereabouts. Therefore, I expect the first half hour of Adelaide will be prerecorded.

Wasn’t this thread closed? :joy: Anyway shouldn’t it be called 10 News First…

No.

3 Likes

Why are you guys so against this?

Whether you accept it or not it is 10 News First. Not sure why you’re so insistent on keeping the old name.

They’re entitled to have their style guide, as are we with our naming conventions for threads.
It’s not about “accepting”.
Also not sure why only 10 seems to get mentioned in relation to this, given 7 and 9 also use the numeral in their branding.

7 Likes

Fair enough. Then they all should be changed to reflect what they really are called.

It’s like calling 2Day FM, TodayFM. That’s not its name. Or how about we rename the Today show thread, the 2Day, Twoday or Tooday thread?

1 Like

It would seem that Adelaide will be on permanent delay as they are always half an hour behind the east coast. As for Brisbane it would be all delayed during daylight savings. So in other words 10 will be dishing up a piece of shit to those markets.

Not really sure why I’m bothering to respond to such a ludicrous post, but using the word instead of a numeral is normal convention. Misspelling it is not.

11 Likes

I think we could give the operators the benefit of the doubt. They are clearly trying to make the best of it… yes some mistakes will happen - but wrong packages? Come on.

As I understand it, work is continuing to deal with the issues the timezones present.

I have an insane idea… They could have bulletins that are… Wait for it… Live from each local newsroom??

11 Likes

How much delay is the national bulletin into Adelaide on weekends at the moment?

How ridiculous!

That’s an insane idea. It’ll never work.

1 Like

Yep, I agree. Media Watch (especially their online-only “Media Bites” show) will have a field day with this sort of thing.

Pretty much!

While I obviously hope this does not happen, personally it wouldn’t surprise me if this time next year (perhaps even sooner) there’s only two editions of 10 News First on weeknights with Narelda for WA and everyone else getting Sandra.

The National Weekend news and The Project is on half an hour delay at the moment, though that doesn’t mean its an acceptable model for weekday news.

Narelda should have got Perth this time.

Promos

7 Likes

? What does this mean? She has got it…

2 Likes

They remind me a little of WIN News local promos. Generic.

I note Adelaide features 7 local news+sport reporters, plus PVO and Perth 6 local reporters, plus PVO and Hugh… Brisbane and Melbourne all 8 boxes filled with locals. Maybe they ran out of local talent to fill 8 boxes in the smaller sates.

Now, more than ever, when you need the full story, we have… no time to tell it as our resources are stretched so thin. Even the long form Chris Bath pieces in the 6pm half hour on Sundays seem to have gone by the wayside.

1 Like

I wouldn’t read too much into that :joy:

Now, more than ever, when you need the full story, we have… fired our local presenters and are combining cities instead of giving each city its own bulletin.

12 Likes