Ten News First Content and Appearance

This sketch never gets old. We seem to dust it off ever couple of years. Here we go again :rofl:

31 Likes

I thought Sandra Sully was also doing Perth. Sorry haven’t been on this thread much.

1 Like

Narelda was only announced Today as presenting Perth :slight_smile:

5 Likes

On Wikipedia it has Lachy Reid presenting sport, is this correct?

No offence, but seriously, go read the presenter thread. It’s going off for a reason…

1 Like

That’s great! :joy:

Temporarily from Perth, yes

2 Likes

Something a bit different from the stuff going on at 10 lately.

It’d be nice to see them be a little more creative in their Melbourne studio again.
Came across this opener from the archives. Looks great!

8 Likes

Or better yet, receive a new set.

Wasn’t there a plan to update all markets with a Sydney style replica - miniature version?

2 Likes

Correct, id say that since Melbourne will now be producing the Adelaide bulletin too that it may be updated soon for consistency across all bulletins.

They already have the second replica desk that Sydney has, which was used during last years Melbourne cup.

4 Likes

20 Second promo … More than just words, More than just pictures

5 Likes

I wonder why Sandra does the voiceover for Syd/Bris but no Jen for the Mel/Adl version?

It’s really missing a call to action at the end “Nightly at 5”.

Good to see some promos nonetheless.

They’re probably using the new code of practice definition of ID v Promo by not have a date and time in it.

4 Likes

It would be good. I believe the right side of the set doesn’t exist anymore

1 Like

Whether you think it will happen or not, wrong packages could still occur.

Yeah, they could - just like anywhere else.

1 Like

I’m curious to know @lexington, I assume they will need to continue using the second control room in Melbourne to fill in the Adelaide portions of the bulletin? (And a similar arrangement in Sydney for Brisbane?)

First update for Queenalnd

6 Likes

I must say I’m quite surprised to see Narelda doing updates, I assumed she would be going home for a rest in between Studio 10 and Perth News, but doesn’t look to be that way.

She will be working a very long day then, working from 8:00am until 8:30pm, and then during daylight savings times she will be working from 8:00am until 9:30pm!

Remember that the show starts at 8am. She could be in the office before 7.

5 Likes