Ten News First Content and Appearance

Will be interesting to see. They might still be able to since the main Sydney/Qld control room will be doing prerecords/updates as per usual. Unless Adelaide needs this current control room to themselves?

Adelaide (that did not get the media conference live) is getting it on delay.

3 Likes

Brisbane is getting more Farm to Fork it seems at 3.30pm instead of news.

2 Likes

Brisbane now getting the final 10 minutes of what was the afternoon bulletin.

4 Likes

Adelaide is controlled from the same control room in Melbourne that was used when the bulletin was presented from Adelaide, and Melbourne.

Really? I was under the impression that when Kate started from Sydney they started controlling it from an alternate control room in Sydney too.

Does that mean 10 News First Afternoons is controlled from Melbourne too? Because it’s definitely not from the same one used for Sydney/QLD 5pm.

Where is Perth also controlled from then since returning to local production?

2 Likes

I think it was stated (last year) that the Adelaide bulletin was still controlled from Melbourne.

1 Like

I think it could be from Melbourne as well, as both are SD.

Perth is probably controlled from Sydney as the bulletin is in HD I believe.

Yeah that’s what I figured. Titlecards are still SD on Afternoon/Adelaide feed so figured they were controlled together.
Makes sense then if Melbourne is controlling Afternoon :+1:

2 Likes

I know we bang on about 10 a lot on here, but they are definitely a hard working and dedicated team.

Meanwhile in NZ (where no regulations exist):

5 Likes

I don’t think you’d find any newsroom where they weren’t hard working and dedicated - it’s those responsible for the purse strings and bringing in money that are worth looking at.

10 Likes

There isn’t any Australian regulation specifically mandating news on metro stations in Australia. It’s just good content for the Australian quota.

5 Likes

10 midday did a double interview on domestic violence issues in LGBTQI+ community

Also seen today

9 Likes

Angela’s delivery with the Entertainment News on Midday can be very… forced sometimes. Especially the elongated pauses between stories etc.

3 Likes

That saw the bulletin with its biggest audience so far (bearing in mind it was pre-empted in Brisbane)

Interesting comparison to the previous Tuesday when these numbers were also considered.

7 Likes

Nice tribute to Jesse Baird at the end of tonight’s bulletin.

16 Likes

Link: https://twitter.com/10NewsFirst/status/1762737962956034434

6 Likes

Some sort of issue with the voice over and theme during the opener today:

3 Likes

Ten has organised a community vigil for Luke and Jesse tomorrow evening.

https://x.com/10newsfirstsyd/status/1763032260608159800?s=61&t=hY2oQFlqnFcoVAVyWK_18g

5 Likes
2 Likes