Ten News First Content and Appearance

Surprised no one picked up on this!

On Wednesday 7th February the Melbourne set received its first(?) update in practically 10 years.

See if you can spot the difference :wink:

Tuesday 6th Feb:

Tonight’s bulletin:

14 Likes

Still need a bigger monitor (and a new set for that matter) but at least is a better quality than the old one.

6 Likes

Better than nothing - seems like the set is just on life support mode atm.

A definite improvement though - the last one was way too small for the space.

4 Likes

Every inch counts!!

9 Likes

Someone got a bargain at JB HiFi with a new big TV but I’m sure a 98" would look better there.

3 Likes

kinda similar to what ABC News NSW did in 2013 to their older set before the upgrade

4 Likes

I’m surprised Paramount let 10 sign off on this. :joy:
Really breaking the budget.

1 Like

Do miss the right-hand side of the Melbourne set. They’ve could’ve used that area for so much more than what they did

5 Likes

They probably noticed that 10 still had a news service when they put in the request :laughing:.

1 Like

Somebody on the crew probably got a new TV at home, brought their old one in and chucked it up on that wall.

3 Likes

I remember chatter in late 2019 that 10 planned on building mini replicas of the Sydney set in all the other states. Then Viacom came along and that was the end of it.
A shame of what could’ve been.

11 Likes

I just wanted to confirm, Tasmania show the Melbourne bulletin at 5pm don’t they?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Why would you watch that? Do they provide any TAS news or weather? Surely 10 News “Tasmania” numbers are the lowest in the country.

Its the closest bulletin that has relevance to Tasmania.

I believe they also get 7/9 The Afternoon News bulletin’s from Melbourne too. Along with 9 News Melbourne.

3 Likes

SCA provides noodle updates for 10 Tasmania I’m pretty sure. But other than that, it is just the Melbourne bulletin in its entirety.
No different to Nine Tasmania which is the Melbourne bulletin other than WIN News at 5.30

Noodle update:

2 Likes

Yeah but at least 7 has local news at 6pm for TAS and Nine has local news at 5:30pm for TAS via WIN News.

I don’t see why you’d choose to watch any of those Melbourne bulletins across 7, 9 and 10 if you live in TAS.

The situation is no different to Darwin who only has Nine News at 6PM.
10 Darwin plays the Melbourne bulletin.
Not sure which bulletin is played on Seven.

2 Likes

10 Darwin play the Melbourne bulletin??? Oh dear not even the QLD news?

Who’d go to 10 for any news? Lol

I think it might be the Melbourne one? Or at least it’s shown on 7 Central or something

2 Likes