Ten News First Content and Appearance

Maybe Midday is better than 5pm? But I can see why they’d want to hold off the main part of the interview for their flagship evening bulletin.

1 Like

Except that Ange got the interview and they used it as content three times throughout the day and presumably online. Perfectly acceptable content for daytime bulletins and if they want to use it as filler at 5pm, I fail to see the problem.
Far better quality content than hearing about where Taylor Swift ate for the 100th time.

2 Likes

How far into the 5pm was the interview? Second half of the bulletin is fine. Same with the “cat stuck in tree” stories that usually run in the second half of one-hour news bulletins on Seven and Nine to fill a void.

Clearly haven’t seen Channel 4 News then

1 Like

Many BBC News programs use lounges, don’t think they usually have a credibility issue.

6 Likes

That Paramount logo is quite err, distracting no?

Fun fact - they did have a ViacomCBS one up for a lot longer than ViacomCBS was around. Glad I don’t have to see that every day.

1 Like

no.

1 Like

Didn’t think so either. It’s not close up and not really in focus either.

Very flustered and rushed end to today’s bulletin again (only into ET so realistically why couldn’t they run a little later) with the weather map thrown up while Narelda and Ange were talking about Taylor Swift and the weather in Sydney that night…

1 Like

I got the impression they were actually stalling for time but, yes, it wasn’t overly smooth. Main weather seems to be in the middle of the bulletin these days and end weather only if they need to stall.

Its an interesting run-down ending with entertainment, kind of lends its self to a more casual sort of sign off.

1 Like

Watched the midday bulletin today, and although I enjoy the 3.30 edition, its way slicker in every way. Even Narelda seems to present different.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Has late news idea been dumped?

I would say it’s been put on hold. Especially with the recent staff cuts around the Network.

We heard that with Nine News Tasmania

1 Like

Well she’s in a studio rather than a shoebox, she also has more time at Midday too.

Yesterday’s sad news may have contributed to 10’s midday bulletin again topping 70,000 viewers yesterday; especially good from a Friday.

13 Likes

Also good to see that Ten is slowly reintroducing national bulletins to its schedule after the mass cuts that followed their failed “News Revolution” in 2011, and the centralisation that saw the Brisbane and Adelaide bulletins merged with Sydney and Melbourne respectively, and Perth production moved to Sydney (though next month will mark a year since they moved back to Perth, and the Melb/Adel bulletins have since been separated).

All that’s left is for Brisbane to return to a standalone bulletin, though I can’t see that happening this year.

6 Likes

10’s afternoon bulletin was pre-empted by the media conference from NSW police. 10 broke from the coverage at 3:50 when Hugh summarised the conference and went to an ad break.

7 Likes

I wonder what they’ll show in QLD at 3:30. Surely they can’t do a live QLD bulletin. Where would they do it from?

2 Likes