Ten News First Content and Appearance

Strange that you have only just become aware of this?

Also, I’m not sure why it’s laughable as the bulletin is ratting reasonably well for the network.

4 Likes

10 News First Perth running a local comp recently.

https://10play.com.au/win/win-one-of-25-family-passes-to-perth-zoo-these-school-holidays/c230831wecgl

4 Likes

And it’s also a very good bulletin. Well put together.
(rambling again but it could use dedicated sport and weather presenters but it’s a nitpick)

4 Likes

Interesting that the bulletin basically contains no sport and instead has the extended entertainment report with Ange. Might be resourcing but could also say something about the demographics and seems to be working for them.
Interviews at the desk and live crosses (eg the project) helps to mix it up a bit and keep it fresh without the traditional sport and weather presenters.

5 Likes

Numbers please

lol read the forum.

2 Likes

@TV.Cynic has provided numerous commentary on this for months.

6 Likes

Really? I can’t see it

Shows the Perth newsroom cross setup:

6 Likes

Wonder if it’ll be local late news like on CBS stations in the US

Probably not, as that would need full production crews for longer and so costs more. While they can keep the studio crew on in Perth and the control crew on a little later in Sydney. National and a Perth variant probably.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss it, but does anyone have any thoughts on a standalone local 6.30pm bulletin (I know it was already tried in the news revolution days).

I ask this because the 6.30 portion of ratings for Seven and Nine News are both higher (especially in Melbourne on some nights). Could there be an audience for a sharp bulletin in this timeslot for the people who get home late?

Or would it be doomed to fail?

3 Likes

I have thought about this recently as well, but my idea was to do 2 x 1/2 hour bulletins.

One at 5:00 (not moving away from the legacy 5pm slot) and then 2 x 30 min game/quiz shows from 5:30 followed by another 30 min local news bulletin at 6:30pm.

My idea would be to then run Primetime from 7pm to get a start on the competition, and run The Project later in the evening say from 9pm.

6 Likes

A higher rating second 30 minutes (and it is only be a few thousand on average if at all) could suggest viewers preferring sport, consumer stories and weather :thinking:

I would also love a concise quality 30 minute bulletin.

4 Likes

Random idea, would a half hour evening bulletin have to be on the main channel?

Pretty sure Seven had a bulletin at 7pm on 7two there for a while.
If they’re going for a late news as has been suggested, and you already have the resources there, what about a mid evening one on a secondary channel.

The first 7Two bulletin went to air Aug 2013 with Mark Ferguson - it was largely metro only. Mel Doyle later became reader, then it was axed in 2014.

1 Like

Also recently didn’t work for Three in NZ for their Eden channel, great idea but just not enough eyeballs to make it viable as a standalone bulletin.

1 Like

According to Jens Instagram. Looks like there are new promos being filmed.

7 Likes

This will save the 5pm news

4 Likes

How about a new set??