Ten News First Content and Appearance

While Melbourne probably needs an update, I can’t see them making any significant changes in any markets anytime soon.

If they were to make any changes in Sydney, some general maintenance and a new desk / couch combo would problem freshen the look up there enough after the last 4.5 years.

1 Like

It’s a start. Part of the problem previously is they’ve made promos and then barely given them any airtime.

Side on opening

6 Likes

Actually, I’d like to see the late news presented from in front of the control room again.

8 Likes

Seems they also forgot to play the opening voice over introducing Hugh this morning.

1 Like

Natalie Forrest was out filming a promo in Perth last week.

13 Likes

Fair to assume the Perth news is remaining in Perth now?

4 Likes
7 Likes

This is good for anyone collecting audio or needing the opening sting without a VO for a mock.

5 Likes

I can’t see the point of pointing it at 10.30. People
Are not watching broadcast TV that late

Needs to be 9.30

Also the “late” branding is a hinderance. Aussies go to bed that earlier than almost any nation. People turn off linear at 9.30

I don’t think “late” is a helpful positioned

“Ten Evening News” or “10 News Primetime”

3 Likes

Always liked this - very CBS.

Little hard to work in with current branding though. Suppose it could be approached similar to the midday news. 10 News First - Evening. ‘Thanks for joining us on Evenings’ etc.

1 Like

I like “10 News First: Primetime”

1 Like

Australians, other than those on forums like this don’t know what primetime is either. Ten Late News is one of the most established brands the network has. There’s a lot of nostalgia for it.

4 Likes

Certainly hope so! They’d be insane to backflip again.

I hope to see Ten Late News from Perth too, with Natalie Forrest. Makes sense, especially with her doing the late updates currently.

5 Likes

It was historically an established brand on 10 - don’t think it is anymore though.

10 are also know for establishing points of difference and innovating so any new incarnation of a later news product, IMHO, should have a point of difference and be modern and distinct rather than replicating the late news that now exists on the other networks or trying to reinvent the past.

3 Likes

Hear me out: 10 News at 10

9 Likes

It’s too late though. Their primetime shows usually finish at 9.30/9.40. Need to begin straight after.
Any time after 10pm will conflict with Seven/Nine. Need to beat them to the punch.

5 Likes

‘News at Nine’ is lowkey catchy

3 Likes

AGree 10 is an awkward time and hard to make consistent. Reality shows on 10 run through to 8:40 early in the week or 8.30 on Wednesday and Thursday followed by a 1 hour show. Rarely does any night’s schedule finish close to 10pm.

I didn’t mind the 10 Evening News suggestion (reminiscent of the past as well). 10 Mid-evening News is probably too long.

1 Like

It needs to be 9 or 9.30 and scheduled every night at the same damn time

10 News First at 5
10 News First at 9.30

Both earlier than the other channels, but it really needs to be local have national updates during the day and have the local newsrooms operate in the evenings

5 Likes