Ten News First Content and Appearance

If you’re not an AFL fan, Jack Riewoldt retiring is probably of little consequence to you.

5 Likes

huh? This is normal…

1 Like

Yeah. It’s just a hook to watch the news later and get all the details. Like clickbait. :wink:

1 Like

Those familiar with how often 10 generally refresh or update their news look, given the current iteration has been around for nearly 5 Years since Oct 31st 2018, when could we ideally expect any changes to happen?

Hard to believe it’s already nearly been 5 years. They also had their mid-refresh when they updated the titlecards a few years ago so I wouldn’t be surprised if the brand is refreshed soon.

But in saying that, the division is a lot slimmer than it was in 2018, so if there is a refresh, perhaps early next year?
If news output returns to Brisbane then perhaps they might coincide it with that as all states will be local again.

Also fair to assume news output is remaining from Perth now?

Live from Stadium Australia - Sydney and Brisbane simulcast.

8 Likes

Sandra Sully back tonight live on location at Sydney Olympic Park.

4 Likes

Wow. So Fergo and Sully are on location. But Overton stays in the news studio in Sydney

4 Likes

Inb4 someone jumping in to say ‘How pathetic 10’s doing a blatant Sydney OB for an alleged Queensland bulletin’.

1 Like

Just did a live cross to Queensland.

Now UK

4 Likes

Some social media profile pics have changed

UDlJNGD0_400x400

5 Likes

Entire first block of the Melbourne bulletin - including 1/3 of the sport preview at the end - about the Matildas (17 minutes all up)

(not complaining)

2 Likes

I would boldly assume so.

Next step is Brisbane. They cannot do it to every other city and leave one out - Brisbane people do not want Sydney news.

2 Likes

Local bulletins resumed after first ad break from studio in Sydney, Brisbane.

7 Likes

Very well done by 10 tonight managing the crosses between OB, studio and pre-records plus still retaining some localism. Great effort for what they have available to them.

7 Likes

I’m honestly surprised it’s been that long, it’s still one of my favourite brands - maybe a few tweaks here or there to freshen it up a little, but I think it’s stood the test of time and works pretty well…

The new “x” logo kinda reminds me of the missing image boxes in old-sckool websites.

9 Likes

Just came here to post the same thing, noticed it during Midday.

Side note, they need to drop that gradient over the solid watermark box when it goes to breaking news - looks awful IMO.

5 Likes

Angle caught my eye

9 Likes

Still the best looking set in the country.

6 Likes

Adelaide sports preview from Friday. A bit odd doing a live cross to the newsroom, with a handheld mic, and shows the limitations of their setup but I still think it looks better than fake green screens all the time.

7 Likes