Ten News First Content and Appearance

The set would look fantastic if those strip lights were white when using the breaking news graphics.

The choice of quite a dark red looks harsh with all that blue, it really clashes.

6 Likes

Quite subtle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Damn that’s a sexy wideshot tho. Other networks can’t beat that.

2 Likes

I noticed 10 have just started to upload specific stories to 10 play, not just the whole bulletin - the infographics are the same used for YouTube.

Seems to be part of a broader strategy as they’re advertising for a Digital Video Producer for the news team in Sydney, with the position responsible for preparing content for 10 Play & Facebook Watch.

Functions to include, “ Clipping Studio 10 and Midday News for Facebook and 10Play asset library building”.

2 Likes

Interesting. Would hope it eventually leads to a dedicated website (even if it is just the same slimmed down content)

5 Likes

Wouldn’t take much right, they’ve got plenty of content that could be clipped from Studio 10, Midday, 5pm & The Project to get it started and make it truly digital first.

Mix in some of The Project original articles that are already on 10play, repurpose some CBS News articles for international stories, license some AAP content, maybe some original stories as permitted.

Flesh it out with a feed of social media posts from their journalists or original digital content they’re already producing, weather info, be able to submit news tips, host their podcast there etc.

Look at other sources for news sourcing or collaborations, they’re providing clips to The New Daily - how about some content sharing? Or The Daily Aus etc.

Grow it slowly from that, and yes I’ve thought way too much about this.

5 Likes

If they are making these slow strides then I wouldn’t be surprised if it eventually leads to this.

5 Likes

Agreed. To be honest I think having the light strips white all the time would look good in general.

We saw how much of a difference the change from blue to white and red for 7NEWS Melb made to their studio.

3 Likes

Late night updates with Natalie Forrest:

5 Likes
3 Likes

Daniel Sutton had an interview with the CBA boss that aired tonight. Don’t know where Dan was (Press Club? Pyrmont conference room?) but it looked pretty good for a small setup like the Adelaide news.

Edit- From 10Play:

7 Likes

Looks like the 10 Sport set.

10 Football yeah

2 Likes

They use this for interviews quite a lot.

They used it for a Midday interview with the PM on Budget Day.

3 Likes

Should be said that for the past few weeks they have been back live.

Political editor Ashleigh Rapper also now seems to have a weekly Sunday spot, where she presents a ‘week-in-politics’ segment in studio.

5 Likes

For how long has Syd/Brisbane weather at 5:55pm been a combined forecast for both markets? I haven’t watched in 6 weeks and tonight I see the 5:55 is combined similar to the one at 6:25.

2 Likes

I think they are having technical issues tonight. Hugh started the bulletin at the couch.

5 Likes

Never. Well at-least last week they had a local one.

2 Likes

During tonight’s Melbourne newsbreak, Candice Wyatt said “Jack says farewell to Tigerland”. If you are not an AFL fan, you won’t have any idea Candice was referring to Richmond triple premiership player Jack Riewoldt, who announced his retirement this afternoon. I think Candice was a bit too casual in not saying the player’s full name on air.

Seriously? Bit dramatic.

5 Likes