Ten News First Content and Appearance

I don’t think she’s been gone for that long. She was also in Fiji a few days ago.

1 Like

Hopefully. Nothing against Charlotte but it just makes sense to stay local.

7 Likes

Looks like Charlotte was back temporarily, and still on Maternity leave according to her Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvMlB5zhhbw/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

4 Likes

Just went over some recordings of the Melbourne bulletin and it seems that something has changed camera-wise. I’ve noticed that lately they have been more creative in angles.

9 Likes

Looks good - hopefully they keep it up.

1 Like

The tight shots of the presenters look really good, big fan. They seem clearer and more vibrant too.

Melbourne’s set is starting to look quite tired though, especially the 3 screen setup like that, and the shape and size of the riser has always puzzled me.

Wonder if they’d ever carry through with the previous planned rollout of the Sydney set in other states for Melbourne?

I guess while it ain’t broke they won’t do anything.

2 Likes

Think that’s what they are like nowadays. No point spending $$ on it - especially with ongoing uncertainty about the future of their local bulletins.

They could honestly keep the 3-screen setup and just remove the thick borders around the screens and it would probably look a lot cleaner - basically pre-Eyewitness News

4 Likes

Combined weather again tonight, but this time Amanda Hart was presenting. The last time she was seen was when she was reporting for the Queensland bulletin… possibly back in 2021.

It was nice to see both Charlotte and Amanda over the past few nights. Both run rings around usual weather fill-in Paris.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen her since i days at 10 News Weekends!

2 Likes

5 Likes

I hope they can find her a more permanent role (if she’s up to it of course).

Sandra did say “welcome back”.

2 Likes

Interesting, I wonder if she’s returned to Sydney full time or will be back in Brisbane?

Also interesting that two presenters who haven’t been on screen for some time have been back in consecutive evenings to fill in.

You’d think they’d just get Paris Martin to do the weather since she seems to be the usual fill-in.

3 Likes

Yep - are they that short staffed, Josh seems to have gone awol which seems to have inhibited their ability to do localised pre-records and no weather preview early in the bulletin. Not good and all very odd - have they not had a redundancy in place or have they just run into serious technical issues?

1 Like

Agree good to have Charlotte back and a flagship news bulletin should call up experienced or we’ll known weather presenters. Have thought it was strange how 10 used reporters like Paris and Taylor on national bulletins who have no profile and lack experience.

1 Like

Who is there to call up?

I get what you’re saying, but for good presenters to become great presenters and have that national exposure they need to be given opportunties like that to present.

3 Likes

10 have updated some of their infographics today on socials.

New (regular & breaking)

Poll

Previously

They look good, quite clean and visually appealing. Sorta reminds me of BBC a little

7 Likes
3 Likes

I think there was some breaking news tonight

5 Likes