Ten News First Content and Appearance

Forgot to mention, they updated the Perth tile recently on 10 play to include all 3 presenters as it was just Nat for a while following the switch, but they haven’t removed Kate from the Melbourne bulletin as yet.

Sorta looks more out of place now with Sydney and Brisbane being the exact same.

13 Likes

Who’s the new Weather presenter for Melbourne?

Brisbane should say Queensland, given that’s what they market it as

1 Like

Jayde Cotic.

2 Likes

Would people in Brisbane please stop watching 10 News in such proportionally large numbers please. Otherwise, 10 are never going to return to a locally produced bulletin. It is really quite ridiculous that two nights this week more watched 10’s Brisbane service than watched Sydney or Melbourne. It’s not really that great. Perhaps it reflects the quality of the competition :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Exactly - why are people watching it when there are local options available?

2 Likes

They just secretly want to be part of NSW. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s more Qld content on it than NSW at this point. It’s really poor for NSW viewers.

That head shot of Sandra is 4 years old, Doesn’t even have that hairstyle anymore. It was like 10 Brisbane using that header of them from 2013 until 2019.

But I do agree with you, Sydney & Brisbane is identical in that tile sense.

3 Likes

About three weeks ago, I noticed that Amanda’s weather crosses on the weekend news are now pre-recorded.

No doubt a personal accommodation, but it’d be nice to use this as an opportunity to localise them so they aren’t so long and irrelevant.

4 Likes

I noticed that tonight watching one of the early previews, there was no crossover between Chris & Amanda and the immediate commentary was about rain in Adelaide, that while not totally irrelevant, would be better served if they tailored these to each area as you suggested.

More the one at the end of the bulletin with the 7-day forecasts that I find irrelevant. The weather preview is fine as is.

2 Likes

Melbourne’s news opener tonight. First time in a while I’ve seen it with the breaking news graphic to lead the bulletin.
Also note the lack of local imagery.

9 Likes

They should never have got rid of the Melbourne backdrop in the 2018 relaunch.

2 Likes

I’d honestly prefer a live shot but I doubt they’ll ever do that.

1 Like

That’ll require putting in an effort, 10 don’t do that remember!

6 Likes

I’d say that was a mistake (they probably set up the system so that the breaking news graphic would be the generic background when they used it on the hybrid-bulletins so there was never a wrong background).

A lot of gremlins and errors with the Sydney weather tonight. Graphics not displaying etc and 5:55pm seems to be joint with Brisbane rather than being NSW specific so possibly live or very last minute pre-record.

Also, Josh away with Charlotte doing the weather so maybe a last minute absence.

Also a slight error earlier in the bulletin with the traffic report freezing on screen for 10 seconds or so, cutting off Sandra’s intro to the next story.

3 Likes

Charlotte Goodlet?

1 Like

Sounds like she’s back from Maternity leave.

And with Perth news still being presented locally, hopefully it’s a sign that it will remain local instead of being transferred back to Sydney.

7 Likes