Ten News First Content and Appearance

Give it time… but a lot of members have previously stated that the damage may have already been done and its going to be very difficult come back from the past 2 years.

6 Likes

It’s a coincidence that Melbourne had high ratings. For the everyday viewer Melbourne’s bulletin would’ve seemed almost identical to last week.
Adelaide will take time to find its groove. As I mentioned yesterday they’ll need to promote the hell out of it to gain traction and find their lost viewers.

3 Likes

I don’t know if viewers even know that it’s back on considering their promotions have been very lean but I definitely know that viewers hate the ‘local’ edition combined with Melbourne news, with ratings crashing almost immediately when Adelaide news moved to Melbourne.

1 Like

Mate, 10 put the minimal effort into promoting it here, so no wonder no one tuned in when not many would’ve been aware. Last night 9 were on location for their 5pm news, which is a somewhat new initiative they’ve been doing during the warmer months.

3 Likes

So a deliberate strategy to keep people from going back to 10. Going to be hard to compete with that but hopefully 10 build an audience with time.

The news on 10 is on at the wrong damn time of night. They’re outgunned at 5pm in some markets now.

I wouldn’t want to see them exit the 5pm local market but they could do worse than trialing a local news at 8 or 9pm, after the main show of the evening, but they won’t.

Don’t bring up the 9pm late news!!! :joy:

1 Like

Just out of interest is Kate Freebairn well known to audiences in Adelaide?

One thing is that viewers seemed to like the new Adelaide bulletin based on the audience for the 6pm part being only slightly lower than the 5pm hour which is unusual (I know long bow!).

3 Likes

She’s been presenting/reporting for 10 for quite some time and is the only familiar face left from before the cuts so she should be fairly well known.

Doesn’t have the radio cross promotion factor that Bec used to have but, then again, both Max and Tiff cross promote on radio.

So she’s barely known to the average viewer?

Currently Jennifer Keyte would be more recognisable in Adelaide than Kate.They definitely need to promote her.

To 10 viewers she absolutely would be well-known. She’s been reporting/presenting since the News revolution days and has been weather presenter for about 5 years before the cut so she is definitely well-known (almost as well known as Rebecca Morse).

1 Like

Do we know from ourresident Adeliade members how much rotation the promo is getting? Have they advertised on high rating radio programs?

The presenters willneed to do some local charity events etc and the News will need to sponsor some Adelaide events to get any traction in the market.

The 15k viewers?
How about the other 1.4 million… they need to heavily promote her and remind viewers who she is.

1 Like

She was the weather presenter for Ten for several years, and she did do the occasional news bulletin from time to time, so yes!

Most 10 audiences here were really disappointed when Rebecca Morse wasn’t considered/offered a gig for the new bulletin, as her popularity is vast especially now she’s doing Breakfast radio.

Used to work at GTS/BKN as well so that market is familiar with her.

1 Like

Double that, then double it again.

4 Likes

Brief 90 sec Breaking News. Just enough time to introduce and then announce the decision.

3 Likes

So Brisbane is around 200k and Adelaide it roughly 600k? (rough estimates here)