Ten News First Content and Appearance

I know we bang on about 10 a lot on here, but they are definitely a hard working and dedicated team.

Meanwhile in NZ (where no regulations exist):

5 Likes

I don’t think you’d find any newsroom where they weren’t hard working and dedicated - it’s those responsible for the purse strings and bringing in money that are worth looking at.

10 Likes

There isn’t any Australian regulation specifically mandating news on metro stations in Australia. It’s just good content for the Australian quota.

5 Likes

10 midday did a double interview on domestic violence issues in LGBTQI+ community

Also seen today

9 Likes

Angela’s delivery with the Entertainment News on Midday can be very… forced sometimes. Especially the elongated pauses between stories etc.

3 Likes

That saw the bulletin with its biggest audience so far (bearing in mind it was pre-empted in Brisbane)

Interesting comparison to the previous Tuesday when these numbers were also considered.

7 Likes

Nice tribute to Jesse Baird at the end of tonight’s bulletin.

16 Likes

Link: https://twitter.com/10NewsFirst/status/1762737962956034434

6 Likes

Some sort of issue with the voice over and theme during the opener today:

3 Likes

Ten has organised a community vigil for Luke and Jesse tomorrow evening.

https://x.com/10newsfirstsyd/status/1763032260608159800?s=61&t=hY2oQFlqnFcoVAVyWK_18g

5 Likes
2 Likes

Surprised no one picked up on this!

On Wednesday 7th February the Melbourne set received its first(?) update in practically 10 years.

See if you can spot the difference :wink:

Tuesday 6th Feb:

Tonight’s bulletin:

14 Likes

Still need a bigger monitor (and a new set for that matter) but at least is a better quality than the old one.

6 Likes

Better than nothing - seems like the set is just on life support mode atm.

A definite improvement though - the last one was way too small for the space.

4 Likes

Every inch counts!!

9 Likes

Someone got a bargain at JB HiFi with a new big TV but I’m sure a 98" would look better there.

3 Likes

kinda similar to what ABC News NSW did in 2013 to their older set before the upgrade

4 Likes

I’m surprised Paramount let 10 sign off on this. :joy:
Really breaking the budget.

1 Like

Do miss the right-hand side of the Melbourne set. They’ve could’ve used that area for so much more than what they did

5 Likes

They probably noticed that 10 still had a news service when they put in the request :laughing:.

1 Like