Ten News First Content and Appearance

I wouldn’t be surprised if these are just temporary promos until a more thorough “news throughout the day” one appears once Late news returns

1 Like

The fact they’re even promoting news is great.

2 Likes

Possibly reintroducing the local QLD bulletin too.

90 minute bulletins continuing on Sundays

6 Likes

Interesting choice. Surprised they haven’t chosen to do so on Saturday too.

2 Likes

We have noticed high retention rates into 6pm on Sundays.

3 Likes

Given news is often the highest rated thing on 10 and it’s been 90 mins for a few years now, surprising indeed.

I remember commenting on that last week. That’s why I’m surprised they haven’t trialled it on Saturday too.

1 Like

It’s good that it’s still 90 minutes on Sundays. The 6pm portion has made the top 20 from time to time. But i wonder why they can’t do the same for Saturday nights? It might boost 10’s ratings shares for Saturday nights, which haven’t been the greatest of late. It would be better than some cheap filler program, which no one watches.

1 Like

They could have some sort of extended feature piece each Sunday. I highly polished and produced in depth report that they could promote through the week. They could als have some sort extended political analysis segment with the new political editor. The format of the 90min Sunday bulletin could be very different from weekdays and become a flagship.

The other thought was moving the project forward to 6pm and then the tent pole can air at 7pm on Sundays.

2 Likes

I had been thinking that they should do this on Sundays, resurrect the 10 News First Person podcast brand and have Chris intro a feature report or two each week.

The bonus here is that it is highly repeatable content that they could get airtime from again, something that a one off bulletin won’t achieve.

If they’re already spending money filling that extra 30 mins each week, albeit on a shoestring, I couldn’t imagine this would cost too much more and just be an extension of the 10NF brand.

4 Likes

10 News into Queensland had both its reports on the cricket updated tonight to include the West Indies win at the Gabba. The 6pm segment had Chris commenting on the win in the throw to sport.

Prior to 6pm

6pm segment

6 Likes

New promo

6 Likes

It’s not amazing, but I think that’s about as simple as it could be and in the same way other other promos have been done.

Don’t mind the voiceover.

3 Likes

not a bad promo by 10’s standards. But i would have featured Narelda for 12pm & 3.30

5 Likes

Super long shot coming back from a break during Midday today:

7 Likes

Are we expecting anything different for the Afternoon bulletin, or just a condensed version of Midday with any updates since then?

4 Likes

Updates have been the usual for 5pm

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a single update this half hour about the upcoming bulletin. You’d think they’d have some updates since 1pm leading into the bulletin.

3 Likes

10 News First: Afternoon.

Coming from the Adelaide set.
Sydney set in use for Brisbane presumably.

Sandra Sully as the VO - “This is 10 News First Afternoon with Narelda Jacobs”

Also seems to be controlled from the Adelaide controlroom - titlecards in SD again.

15 Likes