Ten News First Content and Appearance

10 just aired a Sports Update with Matt Burke. Never seen this before. New?

4 Likes

Was it standing or sitting?

1 Like

I only briefly saw the beginning but I believe he was standing at the vertical screens on the left.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Looks good !

1 Like

Glad to see this! This was something I suggested back in 2018, under the guise of Sports Tonight!

5 Likes

Of note though, they didn’t air a national news update from Perth. Just the sports update.
Should alternate between these every half hour, include a local weather update too.

6 Likes

Video

5 Likes

Random music? Definitely isn’t the theme.

1 Like

10 used to use this style of music for their Sports Tonight updates way back when.

3 Likes

Do you think we might see some sort of reboot of Sports Tonight within the late news?

Probably just needed a bed

5 Likes

Nice longshot on Midday today

5 Likes

I wish they’d make those light strips white, I think it would look quite fresh with the darker backdrops they use for Midday. Would also look much better for breaking news.

9 Likes

The blue light strips definitely suit a darker late news vibe than a daytime bulletin.

8 Likes

Tonight’s sport update

6 Likes

With the announcement that the new Late News will be a first on 10play offering, hopefully they build other elements into 10play to try to promote the offering.

News updates built into the streaming commercial breaks and auto-play of the days news straight after stand alone shows such as HYBPA, Googlebox etc springs to mind.

8 Likes

Obviously Brisbane news should come from Brisbane anyway but Olympic wise might Sydney/Melbourne bulletins come from Brisbane for the fortnight anyway?

2 Likes

Narelda did a bit of an editorial towards the end of the bulletin today, I assume partly in response to this, followed by a montage of the ‘yes’ and ‘no’ people they’ve interviewed.

2 Likes

I’m an avid Yes supporter, so my point of view may bias my reply. However, I think one of the issues of the current mediascape is that any time a journalist challenges the reasoning or questions the source on how a person has formed their view, it is instantly viewed as biased.

The no campaign has been widely unchallenged by journalists, and politicians have been making wild claims that have no basis. Yet, some people will have reasons they consider completely valid to vote no - however, they should be guided by debate that is factually accurate and correct. Not just fear-mongering.

Honestly, I think Nerelda has been incredibly controlled in her interviews and news presentations, especially with how passionate she is on social media about her views. Let’s face it, out of anyone in the media landscape, she has the right to be biased… but, in my opinion, she’s been presenting with amazing professionalism throughout the ordeal.

12 Likes