Ten News First Content and Appearance

Any caps?

2 Likes

New Weather Fullscreen

6 Likes

Unfortunately no.

But looks like segment two is still not local and is the biggest piece of shit of the bulletin. Two national stories and a prerecorded weather update. Then they go into the prerecorded segment 3 which is the international news section. Surely they could be live in Sydney with all local news from 5-5:25.

1 Like

Sydney Opener

18 Likes

4 Likes

Getting some Ten Eyewitness News intro vibes…

4 Likes

Re-un-launch?

4 Likes

Do you watch any other news service? Seven News or Nine News at 6pm?

1 Like

They air their first live, then record Brisbane’s first segment.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yeh I watch nine mostly and. Just during lockdown I’ve been home and have been getting to see 10 at 5. I’ll switch to 9 at 6pm.

I tend to watch 4 hours of news a day and spend a few hours on my phone consuming world news. Lockdown has increased all of this. Now that it’s daylight savings and hopefully with things sopening up I’ll be at home much less and have less time to consume so much news.

2 Likes

Ahh right I see. They only just do the first 15 mins as local then the recorded segment 2 and 3 to then go out live from segment 4 for the rest of the DST bulletin.

2 Likes

Ah, sweet. It’s just it appears that you have a major issue with 10 and it’s very clear they’ll never be what most want them to be so I was going to suggest you turn them off and make sure you get real local news at 6 but you are way ahead of me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yeh I like a lot of sources. I know I complain. But it’s a media critique site and maybe just one day we’ll get the quality we deserve. It’s just 10 can do so much better and we’ve seen it in the past.

6 Likes

Queensland:

7 Likes

The logo layout on those new titlecards isn’t overly dissimilar to how things are on those “Time for the Full Story” Promo Endtags which I’m pretty sure have been around for a while now.

Still disappointing that the titles (and packaged reports) aren’t played out in native HD though!

4 Likes

Melbourne:

Adelaide:

6 Likes

Don’t love these new tweaked graphics to be honest and don’t really see the point. The transparency on the old graphics was nicer and more elegant.

3 Likes

These making it to air have probably kept someone at 10 News First in a job though, which is something to be commended in the current climate.

6 Likes

The initial transitions are lovely but the end title card is a bit meh.

7 Likes