Ten News First Content and Appearance

Weather and 6pm Headlines QLD

6 Likes

I agree. I like the new animations but the end result looks tacky and worse than before

1 Like

Agreed. Compare the three iterations and the current one is easily the worst.

They’re really pushing hard on promoting localism with these centralised franken-bulletins.

6 Likes

First birds eye view iterations were the best.

Good to see the new flash shiny 3d globe graphics in glorious washed out standard definition. :neutral_face:

7 Likes

That first one is still :drooling_face::drooling_face:

3 Likes

Queensland

13 Likes

“The race to trace a mystery case”

Authorities brace to chase the place where the case was based.

14 Likes

Perth

8 Likes

So with this slight opening refresh I doubt we’ll be getting any graphics update anytime soon. This look has been around since they first launched the brand.

1 Like

I think at this point they have bigger things to resolve first. They really need to pump resources back into the news department.

13 Likes

So finance is still recorded on a toaster?

2 Likes

… so this will make more people watch?

1 Like

Update - was like this from the first update of the day.

4 Likes

I utilised these new titlecard elements that launcged tonight and did a bit of a back to the future with the Eyewitness News era theme (which I bloody miss) I feel it had a good 10 years left in it with a new package.
Keen to see what you all think in the random mocks…

13 Likes

Yeah, the 2013-18 Ten Eyewitness News theme music was way better than the current version (I’d go as far as saying the best sounding news theme the network has ever had) ​and actually deserved to last a decade+ on the air.

Can’t really say I’m that fond of the current 10 News First theme - mainly because of the repetitive headline bed. The best versions of Ten News’ theme music all had a “story” to their headline beds…if that makes any sense.

7 Likes

The original openers looked far superior, especially the birds eye backgrounds. Copy on the new version under the logo is also way too small. Why bother changing this and making it worse. An unnecessary change.

4 Likes

If they’re worried about localism after axing local news in many markets I wonder what the cost would be to keep Melbourne running on weekends and having the Frankenstein bulletins run 7 days a week with Candice anchoring Melbourne/Adelaide? Probably a bit but jeez it’d be the bare minimum really.

8 Likes

Love your mix! That would look sensational as a newsbreak during the night too.

3 Likes

I see what they’re trying to do with the additional elements in that open sting… but the way it ends… and the loss of those birds eye views (2 versions ago now…) - which was a big selling point for the new look is a shame.

Also, the logo has to move to allow the strap in… but man that’s jarring.

4 Likes

HD Update opener:

5 Likes