Ten News First Content and Appearance

Interesting to see the middle panel is (presumably) not a monitor, but an image on a lightbox.

1 Like

Either they just showed a still graphic on it, or they swapped out the monitor for a lightbox, because it definitely was a monitor while the bulletin was still local.

2 Likes

Now all they need to do is rebuild the local production team and present the news from there again.

5 Likes

Melbourne having an onset interview at the desk this evening with Candice Wyatt joining Jen. Is this something they have done before?

They should use the plasma on the left hand side more often (where weather is presented from) for interviewers. I’ve only seen this happen a hand full of times if that.

3 Likes

Sydney have done it for a while with Ursula Hager joining Sandra at the desk.

2 Likes

Not sure what’s wrong with the pieces to camera tonight. Lachlan Kennedy’s and PVO’s pieces to camera were of shocking quality in the bulletin. Weird because the other elements of the reports were fine.

3 Likes

Also happens on the weekend bulletin with Chris often having Lia Harris join on the desk.

On another note, they need to do better on the transitions between segments where they return from a break and Qld joins the main feed with Sydney and also when they roll on pre-recorded state weather inserts.

It’s pretty noticeable and all feels a little clunky.

5 Likes

Doing desk chats… just like everyone else. I agree a standing presentation at the plasma would look better.

2 Likes

Melbourne caps:

9 Likes

That middle screen is starting to show it’s age. It’s almost yellow.

2 Likes

The whole set needs a revamp. Build a miniature version of the Sydney set. They already have the desk.

The current set is 7 years old. Launched in 2014, when Candice Wyatt joined Stephen Quartermain at the desk as co-anchor. But those screens would have to be 10 years old or near about?

5 Likes

The desk seems to have been shipped to Sydney for use during Football shows.

Can’t see them investing in a new set anytime soon.

5 Likes

Agreed. I feel the only change will be when a screen burns out and they replace it with a light box

3 Likes

It’s lasted better than the Sunrise screen though.

2 Likes

Sure has! Though it’s lifespan has been helped by a less amount of use per week.

1 Like

Which is a shame if you ask me, because quality news is where the best return on investment is - especially with their suite of assets.

2 Likes

Does the Qld bulletin usually start with a cold opener for the headlines with a tight shot of Sandra briefly?

Edit: on the return from first ad break Qld had a black screen for a few seconds with the watermark on screen, Sandra looked less than impressed.

2 Likes

Related to discussion of quality of the link to Canberra / Parliament House studio for Nine

10 this morning

5 Likes

Now we are in DST the bulletins in Qld and NSW have much more live local windows due to the time difference. Let’s hope the content improves and there’s more local specific news to each market.

5 Likes

New opener in Sydney. More dynamic. Looked good.

4 Likes