Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I’ve always said the couch shouldn’t be seen or used on a news bulletin,but I’m old school when it comes to news bulletins.

3 Likes

If you do a comparison between what is covered on 9news Sydney and 10 Sydney the content is much more comprehensive and varied on 9. They cover way more local stories than 10 do. It’s just the way it is due to limited news gathering resources. You almost have to watch 9 to get more local stories than you got on 10 to be fully informed.

In terms of quality, 10 put out a great product but it’s the content that’s lacking.

8 Likes

Yeah they need some more reporters for sure. I wish they’d flip and do 5.30 to 7pm news instead of the current time slots. But it’s clear news isn’t super important to their brand.

2 Likes

A traffic report with accidents and traffic jams!!

Return from break

6 Likes

Yeah I tend to agree. By and large, the output quality of most 10 News First Sydney reporters is fine. Infact I’m personally of the belief that there may at least two or three reporters currently in the Pyrmont newsroom who I think Nine would probably be interested in acquiring the services of in future years, for the post-Mark Burrows/Damian Ryan/Eddy Meyer era.

But at the same time I think there are types of reports covered by Nine News Sydney that 10 News First and to some extent, even Seven News Sydney don’t do anymore. Whether this is due to Nine having more multi-media resources than the other two or something else entirely, I’m not 100% sure.

Hello to the in-shot floor manager, if by any chance he’s reading! :slight_smile:

1 Like

10 Queensland weather is touring the state for Good to Go Qld Tourism push. Tonight Bundaberg.

Josh appears during the opening headlines

Later

7 Likes

10 News First cross to AP reporter in Beirut

7 Likes

Newshub here in NZ used the same correspondent.

4 Likes

New livestream graphic, similar to the opening titlecards.

Edit:

Also new watermark location top RHS and live strap.

Edit 2:

New livestream end titlecard.

12 Likes

Caps of last nights bulletin

5 Likes

@lexington I know stuff may have been put on hold because of COVID, but would you happen to know if 10 still has any plans for upgrades / expansion of their news service?

I ask since there seems to have been a change in direction for the network since the merger of ViacomCBS.

1 Like

Upgrades are still in the works, as part of end of life equipment plans…

I assume this is separate to upgrades for new sets? (Last I remember was that they eventually planned on rolling out miniature versions of the Sydney set)

Haven’t heard about sets…

2 Likes

Personally I think upgrades to HD are needed far more than the new sets are, especially now that ABC News are ahead of 10 News First in Melbourne and (to a lesser extent, but still) Sydney!

4 Likes

Would agree with you. They still need to play catch up (and even Seven to an extent)

3 Likes

Doubt they ever will, but a CBSN Australia channel would be nice. Could fill a decent chunk of the schedule with the existing 5 news bulletins, the project and studio 10 and roster a presenter on during the rest of the day doing a headline news format.

2 Likes

Doubt they could monetise it.

43 posts were split to a new topic: Ten News Centralisation 2020

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ten News Centralisation 2020