Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Taken 3 was on within the past month or so.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it just on last Monday night?

Ten’s Monday line-up looks average. Life in Pieces will be no match for House Husbands, Bride and Prejudice and even Four Corners.

Bull should be launched in that 9pm Monday slot.

2 Likes

Life in Pieces should be on Eleven. Sad reality is they’ve got nothing better to run on their primary channel.

I’m a Celebrity is one of their better performers, and they’re wasting the premiere lead-in on a movie, and night two on a failed US “sitcom”. More of the same in 2017…

3 Likes

Ten are idiots. They don’t have enough local content. They haven’t twigged that media these days is a content business on multiple platforms.

2 Likes

it’s a good show too but it’s hard work, and the supporting cast aren’t really introduced properly, so you really have to focus.

With Nine recently having to pay more to exclude (not show) some programmes, I wonder how many of these CBS shows are all bundled up in the same contract requiring Ten to air them, probably in prime time?

I agree several of them are past their prime, including all the NCIS shows, and Hawaii Five-0 (which heavily depended on the Hawaii novelty and personally remembering when I’ve visited there; I guess that’s why it’s recently been airing so late).

1 Like

Ten doesn’t have a contract that mandates when they are broadcast; it is premiering some new CBS output on Eleven next week… NCIS had its highest rating season for 4 years in 2016 and NCIS: LA is one of the highest rated 9.30pm shows on TV.

1 Like

well, that was strange! I was watching Eleven a few minutes ago, and an ad came up saying that “Whose Line is it Anyway Australia” will be shown on Ten on Mondays from mid-February. This is the show that only aired on Foxtel’s Comedy Channel just late last year, and hosted by Tommy Little.

I didn’t expect this show to air on a FTA channel so close to the series airing on Foxtel. And I don’t think it rated that well either!

4 Likes

I dont think it will rate that well either. But its better than Life in Pieces or any American content. Its nice to see networks supporting programs on foxtel as it creates jobs in Australia. If it does ok ten might help fund another season.

Not surprised by this at all, given FOXTEL’s investment in the network I think we can expect to see some more of this kind of content sharing after it’s aired on the pay tv network.

I can see why they’re doing this, it fills a gap until HYBPA comes back and would possibly have a similar audience I believe - though that is dependant on the execution of the show which if reports go by leaves something left to be desired.

how long does that particular show on Foxtel go for anyway.

I agree that it is better than any American content Ten aired on Mondays after HYBPA (The Odd Couple and Life in Pieces, that both rated extremely poorly, despite its great lead in). And any Australian content is better.

I imagine it would be a similar audience to HYBPA also? And similar to the Thank God You’re Here audience too? An improv-type show too.

Anyway, it would be good as a filler until HYBPA returns

3 Likes

About time we get more comedy on the main channels, I’ve never seen or heard of this show, so I’ll wait and see. But I do agree, it’s probably just to fill the gaps

i haven’t seen this version either, but the USA version is funny :slight_smile:

Good to have more comedy on fta

1 Like

I know this website leaves a bit to be desired, but…

2 Likes

Worth noting that the schedule above and Seven and Nine’s that are posted tomorrow are not for the ratings period. That starts the next week so there are some key programs still missing.

Loved the US version. Can’t wait to watch this.
Comedy Mondays on TEN :smiley:

I managed to catch an episode a couple of months ago and it was a little bit underwhelming.

Tommy Little is good as host but the ensemble cast (other than Steen Raskopoulos) were rather unfunny.

In saying that, at least it’s better than repeats of Life In Pieces.

1 Like