Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Correct. Just waiting for the big bash.

What a woeful schedule. They’ve acquired no specials or first run movies or anything. Three weeks of prime time goes begging. And the viewers continually miss out with free to air. There is barely anything watchable on any of the networks at the moment.

Netflix and foxtel leading the way with actual decent content.

2 Likes

and Stan.

1 Like

They aired first run of Let’s Be Cops last night.

Why does it seem like Ten gets so many police procedural / American political drama shows.

Because they signed a contract with CBS Studios who are renowned for their procedural’s. Unfortunately CBS is the wrong output deal for Ten to align themselves with considering CBS are skewed a lot older than other networks in the US. If Seven or Nine were to have that output deal a lot of those shows would fair a lot better than what they do on Ten.

1 Like

Air The Wrong Girl at 7.30 followed by a female skewing movie!

You can apply this to Seven and Nine also. All closed up shop for the year. :expressionless::zzz:

4 Likes

Entirely agree, except for perhaps The CW’s CBS Studios shows. I think an ABC deal would suit Ten a lot better.

[quote=“CLEW9, post:1060, topic:44”]
Entirely agree, except for perhaps The CW’s CBS Studios shows. I think an ABC deal would suit Ten a lot better. [/quote]
Everyone is getting out of studio deals now since the interest in American programs on Australian free to air has waned. They prefer to cherry pick the shows they want, rather than pay an expensive output fee and then get lumbered with shows which don’t rate.

1 Like

Why did they skip an episode of Scorpion?

Some states yes and some states no. Melbourne and Sydney didn’t get it while Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth did

Any idea why?

Rugby telecast pre-empted it in those markets.

1 Like

The skipped episode is on Tenplay for a limited time. I don’t think it will be shown in Sydney and Melbourne to make up.

It’s not on Tenplay, I’ve checked

Good fucking luck. Seven will never let go of Disney while they sit on ABC, Marvel and Star Wars.

Re Saturdays, Ten needs to think outside the box. “Live from Sydney, it’s Saturday Night?”

3 Likes

I used to think the same for Nine and Warner Bros.

Sadly, output deals are on the nose with the FTA networks. In a time where there are more channels and more options, networks should be increasing their output deals not dumping them.

1 Like

[quote=“Sifon, post:1069, topic:44”]
Sadly, output deals are on the nose with the FTA networks. In a time where there are more channels and more options, networks should be increasing their output deals not dumping them.[/quote]
Due to the bidding wars back in the 1990s and 2000s those output deals were highly inflated to the point where they were sending the networks broke. Even after they were renegotiated in recent times, they have not been giving the networks a decent return. With falling ratings of American content, they are now uneconomical to sustain.

They only have themselves to blame. People are sourcing via other means because networks continually screw around with American programming with slow tracking and no HD.

If they think output deals are expensive, try filling 3 channels with Australian and spot purchased content. They can’t do it without going cheap and nasty, with more home shopping and repeats.

1 Like

It’s a vicious cycle. Because people have been sourcing them via other means, they are no longer viable for Australian free to air. The Australian networks are not obliged to provide access to American content anyway. Especially now since it is not arting well.

You keep banging on about fast tracking but even when they do, there is very little interest for Australian viewers to watch anyway. MacGyver and Modern Family are certainly not setting Ten’s ratings on fire. Neither is fastracking The Big Bang Theory for Nine.

The future of viewing will be streaming anyway, so they may not need to fill 3 channels for long. :wink: I’d say the future of multichannels is most likely be local repeats and overseas programming, once it has completed its run on streaming and pay tv services.

2 Likes