Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Every season on Nine felt tired. They murdered the format. Take it back to the 2001-2007 era and it would be good IMO.

2 Likes

Interesting that Australia is participating in what seems to be a semi-global TV airing of this doco next Sunday. I wonder if Ten had an output deal that covered it or if they paid for it…

I thought they did a good job on their first season. There was some interesting housemates. The problem was they copied the same thing every season.

Why do ten have to bring back big brother? Can they find a new format? Or perhaps commission multiple shows for the 7:30 slot rather than constant constructed reality.

1 Like

How about some comedy and drama in the 7.30 timeslots to differentiate from the constant reality?

I agree with that. I would love to see a network attempt a drama or comedy at 7:30 and perhaps a few light entertainment shows. I guess the issue is the cost involved. It is obviously a lot cheaper, and perhaps safer, to commission these reality tent poles. I was only using Big Brother as an example. A new format would be ideal. I personally would love to see Come Dine with Me or Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

Wasn’t that slated for 9 this year, then pushed back to next year?

I thought it was quietly forgotten about.

Dropped in the week it was supposed to start filming and still no reason.

Have seen 7’s and Wednesday is all factuals and Thursday is something called “World’s Angriest”.

TEN did a similar show a few years ago but pushed it to Eleven at the last minute.

For a very good reason, Come Date with Me (based on the UK version, Come Dine With Me) was commissioned along with I Will Survive, Don’t Tell The Bride, Everybody Dance Now and was absolute shit like all the shows mentioned above -but was held off and relegated to ELEVEN airing on Sunday/Monday nights from December the following year.

A well produced celebrity version of the original U.K. version would do well I think, was actually probably the only show on 9 I would’ve watched this year other than Hyde & Seek.

Ten have pulled the Michael Moore in TrumpLand episode from our screens this Sunday night.

It was an odd choice for prime time in Australia anyway. Maybe for a late night slot or on One but defo not for Ten in that previously scheduled slot.

1 Like

Sara’ Australia Unveiled - 2pm Saturday on TEN.

Sara’s Australia Unveiled is a once-in-a-lifetime journey encompassing tropical jungles with crocodiles, adrenaline adventures, endless red sand roads and rocky mountains and an unimaginable feast of beautiful landscapes and food. Sara’s journey is a trip we would all love to make, and now we can join her on hers.

ARTICLE http://www.ntnews.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-chef-sara-la-fountain-filming-three-episodes-of-saras-australia-unveiled-in-nt/news-story/b8be5c3db8acf43b700bd27507f1ad83

According to TV Tonight, the doco will be shown next Tuesday at 9.30pm.

That was a fantastic show, shame season two never happened. Anyone have the opener and closer of it - not on YouTube or online :confused:

2 Likes

###Week commencing 6 November 2016

Sunday 6 November
06:30 pm Modern Family x 2
07:30 pm All Star Family Feud
The Bachelors Vs The Bachelorettes - All is fair in love and war! Who will win All Star Family Feud as some of your favourite Bachelors try to out wit the Bachelorettes?
08:30 pm Movie: Taken 2

Monday 7 November
07:30 pm All Star Family Feud Rpt Wiggles V Human Nature
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:30 PM Life in Pieces x 2
10:30 PM The Odd Couple x 2

Tuesday 8 November
07:30 pm Jamie’s Super Food Family Classics
08:30 pm Todd Sampson’s Body Hack Season Final
09:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10:30 pm NCIS: New Orleans (Rpt)

Wednesday 9 November
07.30 pm Jamie’s Super Food Family Classics
08.30 pm The Wrong Girl
09:30 pm Madam Secretary
10:30 pm Hawaii Five- O

Thursday 10 November
07:30 pm David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities x 2
08:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U.
09:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U. (Rpt)
10:30 pm Blue Bloods

Friday 11 November
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show
Special guests: Ben Affleck, Sir David Attenborough, Matt Smith, Claire Foy & Sting.
09:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? (Rpt)
10:30 PM TBA

Saturday 12 November
06:00 pm Territory Cops
06:30 pm Scorpion
07:30 pm Macgyver
08:30 pm Hawaii Five-O
09:30 pm Movie: Speed

Yawn

2 Likes

So Ten has officially closed up shop for the year?

Could they not schedule some first run movies or something during the week?