Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

I’m thinking this is going to be more mishandling by Ten. Moving Family Feud to 12:30pm without any other game shows around it could harm it.

I think they could easily replace the 3:30pm with a half hour 7am bulletin and screen Wheel Of Fortune at 3:3pm. That would create a game show bloc.

Alternatively, move Family Feud and Lingo to 10:00am and 10:30am respectively and air Wheel Of Fortune at 11:30am, add in Deal Or No Deal at midday. That would create game show central. Reality encores should be from 2:00pm with Entertainment Tonight and Judge Judy following (until the US soaps take over assuming that’s still happening)

Problem is that there aren’t any resources available now to do a 7am bulletin. When they were doing the 8am bulletin, they were using resources from Studio 10 which were there - when Studio 10 got shifted to 10am, the 8am bulletin got the chop as everyone was starting later.

3:30pm may not be ideal, but 10 have one because it uses resources already there, and it’s a cheap way to maintain their minimum required Australian content quotas.

4 Likes

How don’t they have the resources? If they are utilising the 1pm host, they could do a 7am edition.

If they had move Drew Barrymore to midday (and capitalise on no midday talk show) as opposed to 9am, they could of had an 11am news bulletin with a cooking show at 11:30am, game show bloc from 9am.

1 Like

you know it takes more than just a newsreader to put together a news bulletin? If you want to have a 7am bulletin there is a whole studio and production crew and reporters to be on duty hours before then?

4 Likes

It all depends on if the 3:30pm news crew are working both the 1pm edition and the 5pm team (which I seriously doubt they are). Even so a 11am edition was also an option

Ten need to set a solid schedule and leave it for at least 3 months and not panic if a show during the day isn’t doing performing to expectations. You don’t want one failure leading to shuffling programs and affecting the ratings of other programs

2 Likes

Since they are missing a reality format for the last quarter they are obviously using up weeks by extending out Amazing Race. Dessert Masters probably be the same.

2 Likes

Amazing Race - was also 2 nights a week last year.

3 Likes

Turns out 10 has moved Taskmaster Australia from Thursday to Tuesday for the next season. So you may be right that Dessert Masters will also be stretched out.

3 Likes

Amazing Race to twice a week, and then Dessert Masters being the same? Sundays and Mondays, with Taskmasters Aus on Tuesdays, leading up to the end the ratings season? Cupboard may be bare on the other nights in November though. Does Gogglebox usually go through to November too?

The current season of Gogglebox is scheduled to finish on Thursday, October 17, assuming it will have ten episodes which is the same as previous season. This week is episode 5.

If The Amazing Race Australia Celebrity Edition 2 has 12 episodes like last year’s celebrity edition, two episodes per week will put the show’s finale on Monday, October 14, paving the way for the second season of Dessert Masters to kick off the following week and continuing into November.

The current season of Thank God You’re Here is scheduled to finish on Wednesday, October 2 with episode 8.

3 Likes

My prediction is a run of Jamie Oliver specials

10 are always 2-3 shows short a year. They must’ve run out of money.

2 Likes

The Young and the Restless will kick off Season 52 on Thursday, October 3, with the show featuring a mix of suspense, romance and rivalries taking center stage.

Maybe they will air Graham Nortons Wheel Of Fortune across the week, first run Australian edition Sunday, repeated Wednesday or Thursday and UK version Monday and repeated Thursday or Saturday with Jamie Oliver and/or Bondi Rescue on Tuesday and eith Wednesday or Saturday

3 Likes

I don’t know what it’s like on linear broadcast, but I would not be surprised in the slightest if 10 are commissioning a local version of Sort Your Life Out, given how many ads they air of this on 10 play.

Sheesh :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Just a reminder 10’s 2025 Upfronts are on Monday.

4 Likes

2 nights a week is about right for any reality franchise…anything more is too much commitment and becomes a turn off, just like the extended 75/90 minute episodes .
I have got behind in the past and not bothered catching up on Masterchef and Amazing Race as there are only so many hours in the day and so much content to watch

3 Likes

I agree. I think not just evenings but also daytime would run more smoothly if reality shows ran for either 60 minutes, 90 minutes or 120 minutes. None of this 70 minutes, 75 minute or 80 minute crap.

Also I think reality shows should be no more than 3 nights per week. Some sort of comedy, drama or general entertainment program should be broadcast on other nights

2 Likes

Wheel of Fortune with Ryan Seacrest that will be shown on 10 next week got off to a good start in the US.

The episode, which aired on Monday, saw a significant boost in the major TV markets, delivering a 4.62 household rating, according to early data. That’s up 57% from last year’s premiere, which saw a 2.94 household rating in the same 44 overnight markets.

6 Likes

Are ten upfronts next week? Haven’t heard much chatter or rumours???

Any hot tips? What are expecting? More game shows?

3 Likes