Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

That’s what I’m starting to think.

I’d say they are, must be some reason why they can’t air on 10 yet?

The first line of their press release said:

“Two of the biggest soap operas of all time are coming to 10 and 10 Play.”

As well,

”The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives joins The Drew Barrymore Show and The Bold and The Beautiful ’s fashionable Forrester family in our exciting new daytime lineup, with more details to be revealed soon.”

So, sounds like they’re coming give it states 10 and their daytime lineup. Just not as quick as people want / expect.

1 Like

Nice, that’s the first time I have seen them mention “daytime line-up” which would confirm it will be airing on Ten. They may be waiting to give 10 Play a head start prior to starting on the main channel.

Week commencing 23 June 2024

Sunday 23 June
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia S16 E37
08:55 pm Tulsa King S01 E05
09:45 pm FBI Rpt
10:40 pm FBI Rpt
11:35 pm The Sunday Project Rpt

Monday 24 June
06:30 pm The Project
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia S16 E38
08:40 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? S12 E07
09:40 pm Aaron Chen- If Weren’t Filmed, Nobody Would Believe Rpt
10:35 pm 10’s Late News
11:00 pm The Project Rpt
12:00 am The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Tuesday 25 June
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia S16 E39
08:40 pm The Cheap Seats S04 E09
09:40 pm NCIS Rpt
10:40 pm 10’s Late News
11:05 pm The Project Rpt
12:05 am The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Wednesday 26 June
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia S16 E40
08:40 pm NCIS: Sydney S01 E07
09:40 pm FBI: International S03 E03
10:40 pm 10’s Late News
11:05 pm The Project Rpt
12:05 am The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Thursday 27 June
07:30 pm Taskmaster Australia S02 E06
08:40 pm Law & Order: S.V.U. S25 E08
09:40 pm Law & Order: S.V.U. Rpt
10:30 pm 10’s Late News
10:55 pm The Project Rpt

Friday 28 June
07:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
09:30 pm The Cheap Seats Rpt
10:30 pm 10’s Late News
10:55 pm The Project Rpt

Saturday 29 June
06:00 pm The Brighter Side: Save. Grow. Dream. S01 E07
06:30 pm The Dog House Australia Rpt TBC
07:30 pm The Dog House Rpt
08:30 pm Ambulance S12 E05
09:45 pm Ambulance Rpt
11:00 pm The Cheap Seats Rpt

2 Likes

So I took your advice and received this response:

Thank you for contacting us!

Unfortunately we do not control the scheduling of shows and when they go to air. That is up to our programming department.

We have passed your feedback onto them for careful consideration.

That was nearly two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything else since that day.

Seems like a pretty stock standard response.

I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard for them to make each episode available in full on 10 play.

Whether they do it on the other had, is a different story.

1 Like

It just makes 10 look shoddy and second rate if they can’t even manage to to show a full episode on 10play at the very least. They also hve three multichannels where they could slot in the full episode in a regular timeslot.

They were doing it for a while on 10 Peach but gave up on that too.

1 Like

My Nan called me tonight to ask if I knew when the soaps would be on 10 and during the chat she came up with an interesting suggestion.

Could 10 be waiting for The Young and the Restless to be available so they can start them together on 10 which is why Days hasn’t been scheduled yet?

Interesting suggestion and sounds plausible to me.

1 Like

I saw a new promo during Neighbours for The Young and the Restless streaming on 10play from 1 July. It featured the actors from the opening credits.

ETA: Promo on YouTube

1 Like

It could be a logical suggestion.

The two other scenarios could be waiting for the current prime time reality show (MasterChef) to end and place it in that time slot and moving reality encores on the main channel to 9am (currently reality encores air on 10Peach at that time) and 10Peach moving the reality encores to 1pm.

Scenario 2 could me waiting until after July holidays in the eastern states to commence if they are planning a 9am til 11am bloc for the 2 US soaps

“The New Home of Soaps”

1 Like

My recorder did not record today. Tried watching on 10play but they’re still not showing a full episode on 10play.

Sounds like progress? Let’s see how long it lasts.

Might’ve been a very easy thing to fix, but it’s one of those things where you wonder if anyone there cares or bothers to watch or use their catch-up service.

I had to go back an edit my post. I commented as I was watching. Then I realised it wasn’t the full episode after all. :cry:

1 Like
4 Likes

It’s probably more work for whoever it is that edits and uploads ET. Morale must be pretty bad at 10 if they can’t even upload the full episode online and then do the edits for broadcast.

Not sure what that has to do with morale but whatever.

3 Likes

On Monday, Entertainment Tonight was only on for 11 minutes. What a waste of a show when you can’t get the whole episode. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Maybe work to rule and put in minimal effort.

I would think it would have been quicker and easier to upload full versions, unless there are copyright issues preventing full episodes being uploaded

I’d suggest the latter is most likely - you’d think they could drive some 10Play views if they tagged at the end of the truncated version that the full bulletin was available

3 Likes